12 hours ago, stevemart said:

Thanks again Maurice. That's great information, well researched. Beautiful work too. Veel succes.

Now to try and find some work of mine that stands a chance! Wroet, wroet!

Hey Steve, I see a few images in your port that I think might sell. Just give it a go, you never know. One thing to remember hier that they have stylists that seem to check your work so getting added to a specific collectie is up to them and they don't seem to add to collections very often. I have complained on their forum that sometimes when I add new images that even I can't find them in their 'New' sorting function. I only received totally very vague replies and as I have worked in the ICT for 25 years I found their replies BS. They also do some weird change to the site on Sunday evening just after the viewing of VTWonen because they get a lot of site hits so they go to what they call 'static mode' on the site. Veel succes and they don't charge anything no matter how many images you upload unlike FAA, that's why I don't upload to FAA, not going to pay them just because I upload more than 30 images a year.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guess they don't want us searching for greener pastures   My latest two accepted as book covers.  Kindly share your successes outside SS. 

My latest few accepted at Arcangel  

Filomena came bearing gifts. Latest four accepted potential book covers at Arcangel. New opportunities can't come soon enough as it's pretty much game over at micros at <30cent RPI/downlo

Posted Images

Good info, Maurice and many thanks again. I actually have so much work that isn't on SS or AS because I was hoping to get it into the better payers like Archangel etc. My wife has, for whatever reason, been a bit daft on wanting to get into St*cksy but after the 4th rejection she now realises it's hopeless...as I told her after the first time. I just don't do their style whatever that  is!! As you will understand from this......I don't know what they want but, in any case, it's not me and never will be. I don't know whether it is suitable for anyone but I'm not going to place it here for 10 cents because I believe it has slightly more merit! Vee shall see. 🙂

I'm off topic, but I wish to ask you something about an old "new opportunity" at the time of the new SS earning structure start. Dreamstime raised the low from 0.35 to 0.38, certainly to attract people, disappointed by the move of SS. Now, I've never had big numbers from them, but I could do around 20 monthly sales . After June I have about a third. Has this happened to someone else or is it just a random trend?

4 minutes ago, luca pbl said:

I'm off topic, but I wish to ask you something about an old "new opportunity" at the time of the new SS earning structure start. Dreamstime raised the low from 0.35 to 0.38, certainly to attract people, disappointed by the move of SS. Now, I've never had big numbers from them, but I could do around 20 monthly sales . After June I have about a third. Has this happened to someone else or is it just a random trend?

Consistently still all over the place for me. March and October where my best months, so doesn't really fit with the drop that you are seeing, but like you, downloads there are low so I don't think it's possible to read anything in it either way. 

On 11/25/2020 at 2:02 PM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

My latest few accepted at Arcangel :) 

latest accepted.jpg

Great interesting shots, nice that 'arty' work is accepted elsewhere. Most stock is so clinical, hard to get stuff like this accepted at SS. Your inspiring me to get some work together and try Arcangel too :) 

1 hour ago, paula french said:

I've just uploaded a batch of stuff to FA - There maximum is 25 images - unless I pay to upload more - from anyones experience is it worth paying??

Yes, Paula. I have. This is what happened to me:

I had an account on FAA since 2015 and uploaded some photos back in 2015 and then forgot about them. I was paying the $30 annual fee since then, and then when it came up for renewal early this year, because I hardly made any sales there, I was going to cancel my annual subscription. But I first asked a friend what he thought, and he made the suggestion that he used the new Pixels.com website link that they have as his website.  At that time, I was paying $30/month for another site, so $30/year was a no-brainer for me. I canceled the other site. 

Because I wanted to use the Pixels site to showcase the whole range of my work (which can happen whenever you apply for a new agency) I started uploading my portfolio there in March this year - which was about 4,000 photos. And to my amazement, I started making sales - lots of them. The more I uploaded, the more I sold. 

Last month, November, was my best month so far, making over $300 USD there. And I don't have a fine art portfolio. But I sell quite a lot of different types of products.

Paying the $30 annual fee gives you these advantages:

1. You get access to a very attractive website on their more commercial 'sister' site, Pixels.com.  

2. Pixels have a wider range of POD products for sale. Latest additions include face masks and jigsaw puzzles, which are not available on the FAA side of things.

3. The ability to upload as many files as you want.

I believe that the same principles apply to POD sites, as to microstock. If you only have a handful of files or don't upload much, then sales may be disappointing (but it depends of course on your portfolio). 

I have sold 6 jigsaw puzzles since they started in November. An order for 32 face masks in November. And another single order for 75 greeting cards on 29 October. Plus lots and lots of other things. But remember I have over 4,000 photos on there and upload regularly since March this year.

Since March/April this year, I make regular weekly sales now. Here's a sample from this week:

Screenshot 2020-12-04 024751.jpg

Some people have said to me that they only want to upload their fine art work to FAA, and others like me, are using their Pixels.com side to capitalise on the wider more commercial side of things. It depends on the individual. However, whatever you upload to FAA automatically flow through to Pixels, if you pay the $30 annual fee. 

We already had this discussion on a previous thread started by Steven earlier this year. I am trying to find it for you. 

5 minutes ago, Milleflore Images said:

Some people have said to me that they only want to upload their fine art work to FAA, and others like me, are using their Pixels.com side to capitalise on the wider more commercial side of things. It depends on the individual. However, whatever you upload to FAA automatically flow through to Pixels, if you pay the $30 annual fee. 

We already had this discussion on a previous thread started by Steven earlier this year. I am trying to find it for you. 

Thanks so much for the info.  As you say for $30 per year, you do get quite a lot of scope to sell.  If I did decide I'd have about 3,000 to upload

On 12/4/2020 at 3:18 AM, paula french said:

Thanks so much for the info.  As you say for $30 per year, you do get quite a lot of scope to sell.  If I did decide I'd have about 3,000 to upload

You have a beautiful portfolio of wildlife photos, Paula, which should do well there, especially as wall art. But you would be amazed what buyers put on things. My funniest one recently was one of my photos of Halloween candy on a shower curtain. LOL

But the only thing to remember is that you shouldn't put editorials up there. Some people do, but they may be asked to take them down.

I cant find that earlier FAA thread, but here is my Pixels site if you're interested, Paula.

Milleflore Images - Official Website (pixels.com)

On 12/3/2020 at 10:25 AM, paula french said:

I've just uploaded a batch of stuff to FA - There maximum is 25 images - unless I pay to upload more - from anyones experience is it worth paying??

I have some Flickr pals that are on there with me and here's the consensus: If you walked into the nearest McDonald's right now and asked everyone present if they could spare some change, you'd likely do better than wasting your time with FAA. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:59 PM, MJD Graphics said:

I stopped uploading to SS after June I started concentrating on selling my paintings on a Dutch art site that also collaborates with a Dutch TV program about home styling. This month I had my first sales, one for 13,22 euro and one for 19,11 euro, way better than the cents SS gives us and a great feeling that someone wants to buy the image to hang on their wall.

I too stopped uploading in June and started at WadM. Very small portfolio, but I already had one 35 euro sale! Great expectations :)

Well since we're on the topic of new opportunities, my friend and super awesome aerial / architectural photographer Joas Souza, has cut out agencies and begun licensing images himself on his self-hosted websites.

I caught up with him on an exclusive interview published yesterday on my blog - link here.  

Perhaps I'll go down the self-hosting route soon considering the pittance I'm earning at these agencies. 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:42 AM, Milleflore Images said:

Here it is:  Fine Art America - Anyone rate it? - Page 2 - Contributor Experience - Shutterstock - Forum

FAA is my main sales outlet and I sold there this year alone more in money than the last 5 years on MS combined.

I am very active on FAA. I like it there. This is me: Rudy Umans - Official Website (pixels.com) 

The other site I do fairly well on for jigsaw puzzles, calendars etc. is Zazzle. 

I know people who do very well on RedBubble (Australian site) 

16 hours ago, PomInPerth said:

HI Rudy, great images. Do you have the same photos on MS or are the FAA photos your best and not sold elsewhere?

Thanks POMinPerth (I have friends in Perth)

For the most part, I don't have any overlap anymore with MS and POD. 

Some of my images are also on other POD sites and I have an Amazon store . My main attention is however on FAA. Simple they sell the most. (for me and in general). I had "stores" on Saatchi and some others, but it wasn't worth it for me.