11 minutes ago, Travers Lewis said:

Be careful. I appear to have received some sort of IP ban for discussing my video sales from another agency. I can no longer log on to the forums from that device as it just comes up "account locked, try again in 14 minutes". I can log onto SS fine from that device, it's just the forums.

I don't think it is written anywhere that you are not allowed to discuss work in other Stocksites on the forum. That happens very often.
Then that should be reported to us. Would cause a lot of grumbling.

2 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Guess they don't want us searching for greener pastures ;) 

My latest two accepted as book covers. 

Kindly share your successes outside SS. 

latest accepted.jpg

Thanks for sharing your accepted images, great shots.

You can post anything you want, it is not SS doing the fall cleaning. Studio 2 is having another burnout (to put it mildly) and as usual, she deleted all threads she started.

You should be used to it already it is not for the first time.

Monthly sales, covid thread,  opportunities thread and many others are gone. Please don't stop sharing your experience with us but always open your own thread for them, so others can't delete it.

This thread could be a good replacement if you "shorten" the title a bit.

19 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

Thanks for sharing your accepted images, great shots.

You can post anything you want, it is not SS doing the fall cleaning. Studio 2 is having another burnout (to put it mildly) and as usual, she deleted all threads she started.

You should be used to it already it is not for the first time.

Monthly sales, covid thread,  opportunities thread and many others are gone. Please don't stop sharing your experience with us but always open your own thread for them, so others can't delete it.

This thread could be a good replacement if you "shorten" the title a bit.

I think you have the answer. SS has been more than tolerant of comments and discussions, some of them over the top critical and unfair to SS.

Individual House Cleaning is the cause.

Look what I got when I just came to the site? "

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to forums.submit.shutterstock.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time."

scratch.gif

57 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Look what I got when I just came to the site? "

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to forums.submit.shutterstock.com. The website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong time."

scratch.gif

Had the same, looks like the https certificate expired today.

1703872519_Screenshotfrom2020-11-1816-35-56.png.d42c0c919c3c1920739d9f1af8c48d06.png

On 11/18/2020 at 4:01 AM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Guess they don't want us searching for greener pastures ;) 

My latest two accepted as book covers. 

Kindly share your successes outside SS. 

Thanks Alex. They are great photos of yours too! Very nice. 

My surprise venture outside of SS/microstock has been Fine Art America/Pixels.com. Lots of consistent regular sales there. Had over 20 sales there in the past month, including one large order for $160 (thats my commission/profit margin, not the order total), and another sale commission for $93.75.

I've been trying Etsy but only a couple of sales there. Still new so I'll keep going with it. 

Within microstock, AS has been going really, really well for me. My best sale there so far this month is a stop motion clip sale for $101.85 commission. And P5 is not bad either. 

I stopped uploading to SS after June I started concentrating on selling my paintings on a Dutch art site that also collaborates with a Dutch TV program about home styling. https://www.werkaandemuur.nl/nl/beeldmaker/Maurice-Dawson/43482 (sorry that it's in Dutch) and this month I had my first sales, one for 13,22 euro and one for 19,11 euro, way better than the cents SS gives us and a great feeling that someone wants to buy the image to hang on their wall.

25 minutes ago, MJD Graphics said:

I stopped uploading to SS after June I started concentrating on selling my paintings on a Dutch art site that also collaborates with a Dutch TV program about home styling. https://www.werkaandemuur.nl/nl/beeldmaker/Maurice-Dawson/43482 (sorry that it's in Dutch) and this month I had my first sales, one for 13,22 euro and one for 19,11 euro, way better than the cents SS gives us and a great feeling that someone wants to buy the image to hang on their wall.

That's great, Maurice. I just checked and 19 euros is about $30 AUD. Well done!

5 hours ago, MJD Graphics said:

Thanks Maurice. Might have a go at that. A tad less competition than FAA!! Local is ook leuk!

On 11/20/2020 at 3:12 AM, stevemart said:

Thanks Maurice. Might have a go at that. A tad less competition than FAA!! Local is ook leuk!

Ja inderdaad lokaal heb je veel minder concurrentie en deze site werkt samen met het TV programma VTWonen, ze hebben een showroom in Haarlem en ze hebben 'zuster' sites in Duitsland en Frankrijk. Ik zie ook dat sommige Nederlandse beeldmakers verkopen ook in Oostenrijk en Zwitserland. Je kan je eigen provisie instellen, standaard is 20%, ik heb hem op 25%. Sommige beeldmakers hebben het zelfs op 100% maar die zijn blijkbaar zo bekend dat ze zich dat kunnen permitteren. Advise van WADM is op 15 tot 25% te gaan zitten en als je beelden beginnen te verkopen beetje bij beetje te verhogen. Ik was zelf wel verbaasd dat ik de eerste verkoop had in Duitsland en ongeveer een week later weer in Duitsland van ongeveer hetzelfde beeld dus wat hier ook speelt is dat mensen hun gekochte beelden delen met vrienden en familie dus krijg je ook het 'mond op mond effect'. Ik zou het zeker doen alleen op WADM verkoop ik alleen mijn schilderijen en geen foto's.