How's your November video sales on Shutterstock?  I unlicensed my video portfolio in late July.  So, I'll give you how the sales are on Pond5 and Adobe Stock so far in November.  On Pond5, sales are on a pace to 20% up from November 2019.  I had 50% up sales in September and October on Pond5 compared to the same months in 2019.  So, it's a slow down.  Adobe Stock seems on the same pace as in 2019 November.  I don't like Pond5 slowing down.  I may have to re-license on Shutterstock again to see how that'll affect sales on Pond5 and Adobe Stock although I hate the disgustingly cheap video subscription and free clips giveaway Shutterstock has been doing.  I hope I won't have to re-license videos here.

Was just coming in to post about this. Just had another sale on pond5 bringing this to three video sales for this month at an average $28 per video. This follows last month with three video sales on Pond5 averaging over $21 each. I soooo hope Pond5 can continue with this as they treat contributors far more better than here. This places Pond5 at number one for November so far and Adobe Stock in second and Shutterstock a pitiful third place with results beginning to resemble iStock and other small aencies.    

4 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Was just coming in to post about this. Just had another sale on pond5 bringing this to three video sales for this month at an average $28 per video. This follows last month with three video sales on Pond5 averaging over $21 each. I soooo hope Pond5 can continue with this as they treat contributors far more better than here. This places Pond5 at number one for November so far and Adobe Stock in second and Shutterstock a pitiful third place with results beginning to resemble iStock and other small aencies.    

Did you used to have more consistent video sales on Shutterstock before they started the video subscription?

13 minutes ago, blvdone said:

Did you used to have more consistent video sales on Shutterstock before they started the video subscription?

Given I didn't start uploading video until July 2019 I would asses video sales started to pick up once 2020 started. Video sales weren't too bad even following the new pricing structure in June, though they were lower commissions I figured I can accept this so long as sales volume increases or at least stays the same. I guess November has really dampened my view of Shutterstock as there has only been one video sale so far for a pathetic $3.00. That's crap compared to other sites such as Adobe and Pond5. Hence my comment about Pond5 treating their contributors much better as contributors receive a 40% commission on sales (60% if exclusive though I am not in this program). I still really hope Shutterstock picks back up. Looking forward, December was utterly poor in 2019 so hopefully this year it will improve. But then we have this reset in January. Seriously this is just cynical treatment of contributors. So glad customers are shopping elsewhere for video footage such as Pond5 as my past two months of numbers are showing.          

5 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Given I didn't start uploading video until July 2019 I would asses video sales started to pick up once 2020 started. Video sales weren't too bad even following the new pricing structure in June, though they were lower commissions I figured I can accept this so long as sales volume increases or at least stays the same. I guess November has really dampened my view of Shutterstock as there has only been one video sale so far for a pathetic $3.00. That's crap compared to other sites such as Adobe and Pond5. Hence my comment about Pond5 treating their contributors much better as contributors receive a 40% commission on sales (60% if exclusive though I am not in this program). I still really hope Shutterstock picks back up. Looking forward, December was utterly poor in 2019 so hopefully this year it will improve. But then we have this reset in January. Seriously this is just cynical treatment of contributors. So glad customers are shopping elsewhere for video footage such as Pond5 as my past two months of numbers are showing.          

The sad thing is that $3 commission may be for a 4K video clip sale on subscription by some big production/TV station buyer that can afford the most discounted annual subscription plan.  You could've made 20x on a 4k sale on Pond5 or Adobe Stock.  That just scares me to go back to Shutterstock selling videos.  If those big buyers start paying $9.95 instead of $199 for 4k clips, it's so bad for our business.

1 hour ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Well, how many videos should I have on the portfolio to get the first video sell? A complete nooob qustion.

And I am tired of 0.10 c sales also 😢

+1  I have completely stopped taking pictures and am only shooting 4K video for stock now.  Haven't sold anything yet, but I only have about a dozen videos up.  I only shoot wild things, so it is an opportunity thing and since I am not making any money, I am not putting much effort behind it.  

6 hours ago, blvdone said:

The sad thing is that $3 commission may be for a 4K video clip sale on subscription by some big production/TV station buyer that can afford the most discounted annual subscription plan.  You could've made 20x on a 4k sale on Pond5 or Adobe Stock.  That just scares me to go back to Shutterstock selling videos.  If those big buyers start paying $9.95 instead of $199 for 4k clips, it's so bad for our business.

Yes and image sales on Shutterstock are not much better, actually I think it's worse.

Shutterstock selling our video clips cheap may increase their revenue, but that will decrease our overall stock video revenue from all sites because buyers who used to pay full price at Pond5 and Adobe Stock will now pay something like $9.95/4k clip on Shutterstock instead.  We the contributors should be aware of that danger to our businesses.  

So, I recommend everybody to un-license video portfolio on Shutterstock to protect our businesses.  Try it for a month or two in slow winter and see what happens.  You can always re-license after 30 days.  Move all your editorial clips to Pond5 exclusive account and get 60% royalty instead of $3 royalty for 4k video on Shutterstock subscription.

In terms of numbers, no.

2020 Nov has higher numbers (already) than 2019 *BUT* lower earnings at this point in time due to the crazy cheap video packages.

Ive had 1 x $105 sale this month without which it would be depressing.

So basically im selling more videos but for a lot less money (and from January will be far far worse)

9 hours ago, The Jungle Explorer said:

I have completely stopped taking pictures and am only shooting 4K video for stock now.  Haven't sold anything yet, but I only have about a dozen videos up.  I only shoot wild things, so it is an opportunity thing and since I am not making any money, I am not putting much effort behind it.  

Yes, I think If it gives us better results we should go for it. But we should not skip still and vector completely until we get the result. Best of luck to you also. and hope you will keep adding videos to your portfolios like me :D 

22 hours ago, blvdone said:

So, I recommend everybody to un-license video portfolio on Shutterstock to protect our businesses.  Try it for a month or two in slow winter and see what happens.  You can always re-license after 30 days.  Move all your editorial clips to Pond5 exclusive account and get 60% royalty instead of $3 royalty for 4k video on Shutterstock subscription.

May as well unlicence images for precisely the same reason.

1 hour ago, Hamza Makhchoune said:

You have a nice video portfolio, what software do you use to create those videos??

Thanks for your compliment. I am using Blender and Adobe After effects. I am still learning these two software. whatever I learn each day, I am trying to make some stock footage with it. And my videos are nothing compared to other people who are using these software and making amazing stuffs.

1 hour ago, Travers Lewis said:

True, but I had my videos up here for around 4 months and made no sales. Then I moved them over to the other site and made 2 sales with $45 commission over the same time frame. I only went exclusive for video yesterday so hopefully it will work out. Time will tell 😊

On which platfrom you have gone exclusive?