Sign in to follow this  
Evgeniia Ozerkina

Invalid Model Release: One or more of the attached model releases does not meet our requirements.

Hi .

A couple of days ago I uploaded a photo from one shoot - a woman "sitting at a table in the street" and used a model release. The photo was approved. Yesterday I took another photo from that day of shooting with the same woman. Only the location has changed. We walked 100 meters and I photographed her against a different background 15 minutes after the first photo. I used the same release, chose from existing ones. SS rejects the photo "Invalid Model Release: One or more of the attached model releases does not meet our requirements."
I do not understand what the problem is. There is no description of the action in the release, as this is an optional field.

Can anyone explain what the shutter wants?

image.thumb.png.15046e00b926da2d0630b60994aa4d9d.png

I'm having problems with a model release too. I've been using model releases for years so I know what I'm doing. I've been emailing SS to try and get to the bottom of it, not only to help myself but to help out here too. Every reply I have got (from the same person) has listed a different reason for why it was rejected. All nonsense, like not including a shoot date when it is clearly there on the release.

All images using the same model from the same shoot with the same model release shouldn't have some approved and some rejected because of the release. That makes no sense. One of the reviewers is wrong, but which one? Who knows!

If you haven't already submit again in case it was a mistake. If they get rejected again go through it with a fine tooth comb, make sure everything is exactly right. You might get lucky and get a reviewer who knows what they are doing. 

@Linda Bestwick Yes, I'm not a beginner. This photo was taken 4 years ago. It was a series, but I only downloaded one. I recently cleaned my laptop and decided to download more. I already had to sign the release of a new sample and ask the model to give a scan of the ID . SS accepted one photo, but not the second. The same new release, the same model, the same witness, the same shooting day. The only difference is in the location. the model has moved slightly. I will try to make a new release with a description of the shooting, but I was tormented by their artificial intelligence

i had the same problem time ago. model release accepted for weeks but one day rejected. checking carefully model release i found that

in the photographer name  space i wrote - name and surname - but i signed first surname and after name. that was the reason for rejection

(one reviewer didnt accept it)

I'm a beginner, and one of my photos was rejected by "no model release" reason while it was just a black silhouette at the distance, definitely not recognizable at all. I have few similar photos to submit, and I wonder - from your valuable experience - is there anything which can be done about that? 

On 10/17/2020 at 4:09 AM, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

SS accepted one photo, but not the second. The same new release, the same model, the same witness, the same shooting day.

Happens to me lately as well. Very frustrating. I escalated the issue through Kate, and she told me that even the review manager said there was nothing wrong with my release. Didn't do me any good - rejected over and over, until I finally gave up and did their digital release.

On 10/18/2020 at 3:56 AM, Julia Kostina said:

I'm a beginner, and one of my photos was rejected by "no model release" reason while it was just a black silhouette at the distance, definitely not recognizable at all. I have few similar photos to submit, and I wonder - from your valuable experience - is there anything which can be done about that? 

Check your image at 100% often when you look full size it isn't a true silhouette and the person could recognise themselves. If that's the case adjust the curves, shadows, blacks whatever to create a true black that will hide any features.

15 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Happens to me lately as well. Very frustrating. I escalated the issue through Kate, and she told me that even the review manager said there was nothing wrong with my release. Didn't do me any good - rejected over and over, until I finally gave up and did their digital release.

I'm having problems at the moment too. Trying to get to the bottom of it but not getting anywhere. Something has changed recently but no idea what yet. May be they just don't want released images anymore.... or want to drive more contributors away, well it's starting to feel like that anyway!
If they only want to accept their own digital release they should say so, and stop wasting everyone's time rejecting the others. 
So, they are accepting your digital SS one, just not anything else?

8 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

Something has changed recently but no idea what yet. May be they just don't want released images anymore.... or want to drive more contributors away, well it's starting to feel like that anyway! If they only want to accept their own digital release they should say so, and stop wasting everyone's time rejecting the others. 
So, they are accepting your digital SS one, just not anything else?

I had the same reaction. If you only want the digital release, then just say it!

But, no - it isn't consistent. I uploaded some stuff just yesterday using old generic releases. And the same BS ensued - some of the batch was accepted, some rejected for invalid release. The rejects were accepted on second try with the same supposedly invalid release.

Has anyone used the SS digital release for other agencies? Do they accept it?

Might save some frustration down the road...

21 hours ago, Milo J said:

I had the same reaction. If you only want the digital release, then just say it!

But, no - it isn't consistent. I uploaded some stuff just yesterday using old generic releases. And the same BS ensued - some of the batch was accepted, some rejected for invalid release. The rejects were accepted on second try with the same supposedly invalid release.

I'm beginning to think they have some sort of technical issue going on. 
The guy from support I'm corresponding with keeps saying things that make no sense in regards to my rejected model release. I think he's just realised it makes no sense either, so he taking it to 'the team'. Either that or he's just got fed up of me! Anyway if anything comes to light I'll be sure to let everyone know.

I've never used their digital release so wouldn't know about using it elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Linda Bestwick said:

The guy from support I'm corresponding with keeps saying things that make no sense in regards to my rejected model release.

Yup. Been there. They will just spout off any old random BS to get rid of you.

I had one guy tell me that the witness can't be a guardian of the model. When I pointed out that the model was 19, and therefore her father was no longer her guardian, he said the witness can't be a relative. Both of those statements are just plain wrong.

8 hours ago, Milo J said:

Yup. Been there. They will just spout off any old random BS to get rid of you.

I had one guy tell me that the witness can't be a guardian of the model. When I pointed out that the model was 19, and therefore her father was no longer her guardian, he said the witness can't be a relative. Both of those statements are just plain wrong.

Yep, so wrong.

It's enough to drive you mad!