Sign in to follow this  
Pablo Gatte

Want to know your opinion if its possible

Hello everyone hope you're doing fine.
I don't know why but it's feel a little bit embarrasing for me to ask this but i need to know if i'm a doing something wrong because despite i know that i don't have a great portfolio I don't make much sales (to be honest one per month, or three If I'm lucky and that doesn't happen to me in AS or Getty were sales are much better with the same portfolio) so basically I want to know what do you people think if my port sucks or If I'm doing something wrong tagging the images or doing the descriptions. 
Thanks to all.

Hi Pablo, I'm reasonably new here, and my port is a little smaller than yours, and I am experieneing approx 1 DL per day. Your port has great images, they are technically good quality, and keywording on the few I looked at was fine. I think maybe its the content, most seem to be food/flowers/sunsets and they are the most readily available images. Try to find something a bit unique or different, but I am surprised your sales are so low... I am the other way, DLs at SS are 4x AS and 3x IS

Good luck, I hope sales pick up

You have some nice images and you seem to be on the right track, but going forward I think you would help yourself by considering how your images would be used by a buyer. I only had a quick look at the first couple of pages and you seem to be supplying subjects that have been done to death, and better, and that aren't really needed. I'd also suggest checking the SS catalogue when you have an idea for a shoot and see your competition. There is nothing wrong with adding too saturated topics, but if you want to increase dls be aware that approach isn't likely to help. Try to be different.

Try to think like a buyer, try to imagine what they would need and then fill that need. That isn't easy obviously, but you can start by looking at what has and hasn't sold for you already, that should guide you a little.   

I also looked at this image. You can definitely improve the description and keywords, though they are not horrendous. I personally wouldn't use the word isolated for this image. Most buyers are looking for the whole object in shot on a solid white (or solid coloured) background when searching for 'isolated'. You also have irrelevant keywords, such as 'white background' and farm. Anyone searching with those keywords isn't going to want your image so they don't help you at all. 

green-fresh-organic-lettuce-leaves-600w-

Good luck :) 

I do not understand you have 1 sale in 3 months or do you earn on payout during 3 months?

You have good compositions on a laptop, mobile office, but you need to learn how to process photos in Photoshop or a similar editor.

Vegetables look ugly - it is a flash or bright sun and a strong rise of lights in the editor. It looks very rude amateurish, and the competition in this type of photo is huge. Need to learn food photography.

But you are still moving in the right direction. Good luck

On 10/15/2020 at 2:31 AM, PomInPerth said:

Hi Pablo, I'm reasonably new here, and my port is a little smaller than yours, and I am experieneing approx 1 DL per day. Your port has great images, they are technically good quality, and keywording on the few I looked at was fine. I think maybe its the content, most seem to be food/flowers/sunsets and they are the most readily available images. Try to find something a bit unique or different, but I am surprised your sales are so low... I am the other way, DLs at SS are 4x AS and 3x IS

Good luck, I hope sales pick up

Hi PomInPerth! Thank you for the response! Yes I'm aware about the fact that most of the images are the most readily available, at first I thought that was a way to start in microstock you know but I'm in the way of finding ''my style'' or what to shoot...

Thank you very much for yours words! 

Regards!

On 10/15/2020 at 6:25 AM, Linda Bestwick said:

You have some nice images and you seem to be on the right track, but going forward I think you would help yourself by considering how your images would be used by a buyer. I only had a quick look at the first couple of pages and you seem to be supplying subjects that have been done to death, and better, and that aren't really needed. I'd also suggest checking the SS catalogue when you have an idea for a shoot and see your competition. There is nothing wrong with adding too saturated topics, but if you want to increase dls be aware that approach isn't likely to help. Try to be different.

Try to think like a buyer, try to imagine what they would need and then fill that need. That isn't easy obviously, but you can start by looking at what has and hasn't sold for you already, that should guide you a little.   

I also looked at this image. You can definitely improve the description and keywords, though they are not horrendous. I personally wouldn't use the word isolated for this image. Most buyers are looking for the whole object in shot on a solid white (or solid coloured) background when searching for 'isolated'. You also have irrelevant keywords, such as 'white background' and farm. Anyone searching with those keywords isn't going to want your image so they don't help you at all. 

green-fresh-organic-lettuce-leaves-600w-

Good luck :) 

Hi Linda! Thank you very much for your response! I appreciate it you are right about the keywording in the photo you mention I think there are too many unuseful words there and I believe that I made the same mistake in others photographs so I have to check that...

To be honest I wasn't thinking too much as a buyer so far so that is an advice that I going to take I'm still on the way of learning aboutmicrostock and how it works! Thank you very much!

Regards!

9 hours ago, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

I do not understand you have 1 sale in 3 months or do you earn on payout during 3 months?

You have good compositions on a laptop, mobile office, but you need to learn how to process photos in Photoshop or a similar editor.

Vegetables look ugly - it is a flash or bright sun and a strong rise of lights in the editor. It looks very rude amateurish, and the competition in this type of photo is huge. Need to learn food photography.

But you are still moving in the right direction. Good luck

Hi Evgeniia! I never reach the minimun to earn a payout yet I just made a few sales per month (one or three top) so far

I start in Photoshop this year so yes I have a lot to learn about proccessing photos, you think that the interiors photos need a lot more of process?

About food photography Im agree they are not good and honestly It's not my type but I wanted to give it a try (and doesn't work obviously jaja) and I was surprised tha SS aprove them, but definitly I have to do a better research about how to make good food photos.

Thank you for your response !

Regards!

14 hours ago, Pablo Gatte said:

Hi Evgeniia! I never reach the minimun to earn a payout yet I just made a few sales per month (one or three top) so far

I start in Photoshop this year so yes I have a lot to learn about proccessing photos, you think that the interiors photos need a lot more of process?

About food photography Im agree they are not good and honestly It's not my type but I wanted to give it a try (and doesn't work obviously jaja) and I was surprised tha SS aprove them, but definitly I have to do a better research about how to make good food photos.

Thank you for your response !

Regards!

You have very hard shadows in the photos. I assume you are photographing on a balcony in the bright sun at noon. And that's the problem. Also, photos with a laptop and a mug scream at me overexposure. You can play with interiors too. First, color grading. Second, pruning. In my opinion, there are three types of photos: general floor plan, close-up and texture. You have almost no general plans, apparently a problem with a wide-angle lens and little space. You are shooting the middle between wide and close-ups. You leave more space, more air.

Bad cropping at the bottom, light too hard, play with color a little, flower too dark, not green enough. The right side is in strong shade. You can take a photo again with multiple exposure, or take several photos and fold them in the editor. Use a tripod or books, boxes, stool

front-view-small-isolated-scandinavian-2

Both the sofa on the right and the table are cut off. If you cut the table, do not cut the sofa.

closeup-front-view-scandinavian-style-60

I want to see the corner of the table top, table. The flower is dark. The shadows are hard from the mugs. And the feeling of a littered horizon

view-wooden-shelves-bright-white-600w-17

7 hours ago, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

You have very hard shadows in the photos. I assume you are photographing on a balcony in the bright sun at noon. And that's the problem. Also, photos with a laptop and a mug scream at me overexposure. You can play with interiors too. First, color grading. Second, pruning. In my opinion, there are three types of photos: general floor plan, close-up and texture. You have almost no general plans, apparently a problem with a wide-angle lens and little space. You are shooting the middle between wide and close-ups. You leave more space, more air.

Bad cropping at the bottom, light too hard, play with color a little, flower too dark, not green enough. The right side is in strong shade. You can take a photo again with multiple exposure, or take several photos and fold them in the editor. Use a tripod or books, boxes, stool

front-view-small-isolated-scandinavian-2

Both the sofa on the right and the table are cut off. If you cut the table, do not cut the sofa.

closeup-front-view-scandinavian-style-60

I want to see the corner of the table top, table. The flower is dark. The shadows are hard from the mugs. And the feeling of a littered horizon

view-wooden-shelves-bright-white-600w-17

Hi! Thank you very much for taking a moment and answer me! I appreciate that I see what you say and I going to keep it mind (i never stop learning thats a good thing!)

About the space yes I had to work at home because the quarantine in my country was a little bit long so I had to make decisions about what and how photograph something just to keep on working.

Thank you! 

Regards!