Sign in to follow this  
Studio 2

October sales

Dreadful rate per download for October. Do they really expect photographers to contine uploading in large amounts when .10 cents is becoming the norm?? It's fascinating to watch other agencies catch up on SS in terms of bulk and quality. SS were so dominant in these areas and it is now clearly changing.What a shame!

Wirestock saves the day once more. 30.60$ yesterday which makes my WS income this month 51.96$ (AS, DT, DP, 123RF combined). For instance i can only dream about making 30$ MONTHLY on SS.

Well It's not going to be a bad month for me because yesterday I reach my average monthly income! There is only two months that are better than this month so I still have 10 days to make october my best month ever... I know It doesn't mean much but it's an improvement! 

image.png.e74270b0a3e3c011aef19c2b53b0727a.png 

The first ten days of October were great. The last ten days have sucked - loads and loads of tiny subs and sub-Dollar clip sales. Come on, download fairy. Throw me a bone!

I can't really complain.  Thanks to a large SO, an EL and a number of ODs, this month is looking pretty good (especially given the new fee structure).  My RPD so far this month is 1.27 and since the Shutterstock money grab started in June, I've maintained an RPD of just over $1.00.  That's better than I expected when this all started but I still have no plans on uploading any more images here.  If the big payments continue I may change my mind in this regard but I hate to support SS decision to make their profit by cheating the contributor.

Oct Sales - 46 images for 17.10 (as of 22 Oct)

Sept Sales - 46 images for 7.77

Aug Sales - 57 images for 66.17

July Sales - 66 images for 16.40

All over the shop but predominately 10 cent sales which pisses me off no end. Lets see I have probably made enough from Shutterstock over the past 4 months to buy a battery for my camera or 1 month of my internet bill and that is with over 6000 photos in my portfolio.

Edited by Merrillie Redden

Pixel_ace_photography

I just noticed your request for advice.  Given the number of your accepted images, I find it a almost amusing that you would be asking this question.  My first recommendation "to move forward and get more and more numbers of downloads" is to upload a few thousands more images.  You have ten images of very common plants and birds.  The competition for similar images in huge. 

Second recommendation:  photograph something different!  You will need to upload unique images, to which no one else has access.  Without them, it won't matter where you share your profile (portfolio?).  The key technique to getting recognized here is to have a portfolio of unique, commercially relevant photos.  Photograph something advertisers, bloggers, and people in general are looking for.  It's Shutterstock's job to market your photographs, it's your job to create a portfolio people like and need for the sale of their product or idea..