Sign in to follow this  
Studio 2

October sales

I hadn't made a dollar in a whole week with 8 sales and yesterday I had by biggest sale ever, making October 2020 my best month since I started. 63.32$ from a single image. Who understands the world of stock photography...

On October 8, 2020 at 3:40 PM, Steven Tritton said:

Sales have fallen off a cliff this week, both on AS and SS. Everywhere else is all but dead now with not a single sale on places like AL (March) and P5 (July) in months.

Well P5 finally delivered a sale of a video earning $22 commission.

3 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

Thanks Primus! First sale there since July so was quite a surprise given how slow it is across all the sites I'm on.

You are welcome! My P5 is super slow too. To a many more sales, Steven!

On 10/11/2020 at 10:42 AM, Svarun said:

This could be my worst month since i joined microstock. My best selling agency this month so far is actually 123RF.

My worst month ever in SS too, i haven't made 1/5 of what I make usually. I just don't get it. So far - everyone else is performing as normal, except SS, where I see like huuuuuuge decrease

I have just started contributing on Shutterstock. Can anybody please tell me how can i move forward to get more and more numbers of downloads. Where can i share my profile so that it will be visible to the buyers. What are the key techniques to get recognized here. Please Help!

Can I just make a lighthearted observation?  This is the first stock forum where threads are started at the BEGINNING of the month about performance.  At other places, stock photographers start the debrief after the END of the month. 

But I get it.  Micro does that.  I'm now checking results many times a day (OCD or what?).  It's like watching those water pistol horse races at the fair.  Healthy? Probably not.  Fun? Of course!

2 hours ago, Reimar said:

It's like watching those water pistol horse races at the fair.  Healthy? Probably not.  Fun? Of course!

Had to laugh at at this one. Yup, that's exactly what it is like. I race just two main ponies in this game, SS and AS. It is fun to watch them. Usually, SS will bolt out of the gate with a big sale, then peters out painfully, dragging along with a limp hoof for the next several days... AS slowly catching up with all those nicely priced subs, then boom! video sale on SS and the pony is well ahead again. But AS can definitely surprise too. So often it looks like a sure win, and then something happens at the last moment and it ends up being a photo finish.

RPD here is currently $0.97.

But appearances are deceiving. A single large SOD distorts the picture. Without it, the month would still suck.

I had written that October was always one of my best months. That is true in general. But at shutterstock, October last year was really lousy. This year it will definitely be better than last year. And that would also be the case if the big SOD hadn't been bought.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-14 um 22.45.42.png

On 10/13/2020 at 12:26 PM, Tomsickova Tatyana said:

My worst month ever in SS too, i haven't made 1/5 of what I make usually. I just don't get it. So far - everyone else is performing as normal, except SS, where I see like huuuuuuge decrease

same here.... worst October EVER... a huge drop in sales and revenue ... shocking

20 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

This month i'm at 48cents/download on average for pics. Ouch!

feel for you ... i am in the same boat, with 0.40 average per image ... it has been a nose-dive in October

All dl average is $0.43 but subs alone have come up from a pretty constant  average (June to September) of $0.19 to $0.24 (October so far). Still, without any sizeable ELs or SODs it looks to be a prittysh*tty month so far.