Sign in to follow this  
megzmess

Soap pictures

Hello everyone, I would like to ask something.
I am making soap at home. I consider it not only as a hobby, but a piece of art also as I use nice little forms.
Do I have to sign a release when I submit a photo of the soaps?

I would suggest you do submit them with a property release if they are the main subject of the image, or if they are incidental but recognisable as your creations rather than generic looking.

This way you will avoid unnecessary rejections.

You may be fine without a release but imo it's easier just to do the releases in the first place.

They sound lovely btw :D 

21 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

I would suggest you do submit them with a property release if they are the main subject of the image, or if they are incidental but recognisable as your creations rather than generic looking.

This way you will avoid unnecessary rejections.

You may be fine without a release but imo it's easier just to do the releases in the first place.

They sound lovely btw :D 

Thank you so much. It is just a hobby so far I am not even selling them or anything. But I think the colors will be really beautiful on good photos. :)

Just now, megzmess said:

Thank you so much. It is just a hobby so far I am not even selling them or anything. But I think the colors will be really beautiful on good photos. :)

You're welcome :)

They will make your stock photo's unique. And hobbies can morph into something more!