Sign in to follow this  
Adventure Aerial

Hello and Goodbye

HI folks. 

Was new to shutter stock, but after having two weeks of totally unpleasant problems i've decided to delete my account and use another stock site. Here are my reasons. (I've contacted help for answers but got nothing back, all help I get sends a link to an answer that just simply sends me to the main help homepage. ) My main aim was to sell some 4k nature footage I had in my library. 

1. FTP - The shutter stock FTP is a joke, it does not work. I've tired different connections, and different software, you constantly get logged out half way through a big file. I use FPT al the time and this is by far the worse i have ever used. 

2. No help platform, the fact shutterstock use their own contribs to give help sums it all up. 

3. This is not the first time i tried to get help on this forum, I posted a thread a few days ago, and it's still not been approved. (no doubt this post wont either)

4. I had 37 videos files pending, all over 1gb, took about a week to upload, they sat in my pending for 10 days. I finally got an answer from them and they just told me to delete and re-upload. Thats some customer service for you. Without even trying to find the issue it was just turned around like it was my fault. They even said to export the video files again as there was something wrong with the video files. There is nothing wrong with the video files. 

5. The new payout system seems like a total con. Re setting sales every year. WTFFFFFFFFF?!!?

6. I submitted a video file, it was no approved. The reason didn't seem valid. I then upload the video again, the exact same file and it was approved. Clearly they have no idea what they are doing, 

7. I've tried a few other sites in the lasy few days, ALL loads better than shutter stock. 

Laters

Hi - maybe you didn't get an answer about the FTP problems because it don't occur to others ..? In that case it's hard to help. You're right that Shutterstock isn't giving support. You're right about he inconsistensy of reviews. But I think the biggest problem with SS is the new low payment which is a (bad) joke - I think all contributors exept a few (don't want to mention names ..!) are furious about it.  

I feel your frustrations. SS used to be a good place to sell videos (Ive sold a number of them here at good prices in the past.) There are still occasions where people do sell videos on SS for very good commissions but more often than not, it's a case of being tossed a few bread crumbs for payment. 

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

Use FileZilla for FTP uploads.

No problems with FileZilla here too. I understand all, author has written in his post. Far away from nice and good!

My humble opinion; quit after 2 weeks and a few clips? Well, no more words to lost, any way.

-----Yiks!

Filezilla (180MB) throws me out, without uploading a single file, I select. Hmm? :(

10 hours ago, Adventure Aerial said:

HI folks. 

Was new to shutter stock, but after having two weeks of totally unpleasant problems i've decided to delete my account and use another stock site. Here are my reasons. (I've contacted help for answers but got nothing back, all help I get sends a link to an answer that just simply sends me to the main help homepage. ) My main aim was to sell some 4k nature footage I had in my library. 

1. FTP - The shutter stock FTP is a joke, it does not work. I've tired different connections, and different software, you constantly get logged out half way through a big file. I use FPT al the time and this is by far the worse i have ever used. 

2. No help platform, the fact shutterstock use their own contribs to give help sums it all up. 

3. This is not the first time i tried to get help on this forum, I posted a thread a few days ago, and it's still not been approved. (no doubt this post wont either)

4. I had 37 videos files pending, all over 1gb, took about a week to upload, they sat in my pending for 10 days. I finally got an answer from them and they just told me to delete and re-upload. Thats some customer service for you. Without even trying to find the issue it was just turned around like it was my fault. They even said to export the video files again as there was something wrong with the video files. There is nothing wrong with the video files. 

5. The new payout system seems like a total con. Re setting sales every year. WTFFFFFFFFF?!!?

6. I submitted a video file, it was no approved. The reason didn't seem valid. I then upload the video again, the exact same file and it was approved. Clearly they have no idea what they are doing, 

7. I've tried a few other sites in the lasy few days, ALL loads better than shutter stock. 

Laters

I feel you man, shutter is a pyramid scheme, the lower you go the less money you get and the less they care.

On 9/24/2020 at 11:46 AM, Adventure Aerial said:

HI folks. 

Laters

Well done!