Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blvdone

How's the video sales on Shutterstock compared to last September?

Recommended Posts

More or less the same downloads as September 2019, just much less cart sales and more clip packs sales. And obviously not uploading new files since the new earnings structure.

What's really sad is... a clip pack sale in September 2018 would get me on average 19$, on September 2019 on average 28$, in September 2020 that average is way down to 3$ per video sale. A couple of days ago I made a 0.96$ clip pack sale, which is just absurd. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sightsignal said:

More or less the same downloads as September 2019, just much less cart sales and more clip packs sales. And obviously not uploading new files since the new earnings structure.

What's really sad is... a clip pack sale in September 2018 would get me on average 19$, on September 2019 on average 28$, in September 2020 that average is way down to 3$ per video sale. A couple of days ago I made a 0.96$ clip pack sale, which is just absurd. 

 

Yes, those prices are disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm selling stock video's on Shutterstock since 2011, Although my portfolio is small, some clips were best sellers and in the top search results for that topic. For years, Shutterstock was my best selling site. Last months the revenue dropped drastically, this month is crazy, My revenue is down for 500% compared to September last year. mainly because I only get $ 0,10 for a picture and $ 0,84 for a video. I still make some sales, but receive almost nothing.

Shutterstock could pay my mortgage and some months my car lease, but now I can't even buy a cappuccino from the revenue.

I'm thinking of taking my portfolio down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Movie Elements said:

I'm selling stock video's on Shutterstock since 2011, Although my portfolio is small, some clips were best sellers and in the top search results for that topic. For years, Shutterstock was my best selling site. Last months the revenue dropped drastically, this month is crazy, My revenue is down for 500% compared to September last year. mainly because I only get $ 0,10 for a picture and $ 0,84 for a video. I still make some sales, but receive almost nothing.

Shutterstock could pay my mortgage and some months my car lease, but now I can't even buy a cappuccino from the revenue.

I'm thinking of taking my portfolio down.

Your motion graphics stuff require a lot of work to create.  So, it must be really bad to see them sold for dimes on Shutterstock.  I'm sorry to hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Movie Elements said:

I'm selling stock video's on Shutterstock since 2011, Although my portfolio is small, some clips were best sellers and in the top search results for that topic. For years, Shutterstock was my best selling site. Last months the revenue dropped drastically, this month is crazy, My revenue is down for 500% compared to September last year. mainly because I only get $ 0,10 for a picture and $ 0,84 for a video. I still make some sales, but receive almost nothing.

Shutterstock could pay my mortgage and some months my car lease, but now I can't even buy a cappuccino from the revenue.

I'm thinking of taking my portfolio down.

Try unlicensing your video portfolio and see if sales on AdobeStock and Pond5 increases.  Some buyers may already know your clips and may buy from those sites for higher price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Download *volume* for this September is about 50% higher.

Download *earnings* for this September is about 40% lower.

Quite a few sub $1 sales.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

105% better than (not brilliant) Sept 2019. So far ... Download volume about 100% of Sept 2019. Mostly 'normal' priced sales, with mix of subs sales at $0.84 up to $7 (subs!), others at about $18 so-so.

So you are doing well on Shutterstock.  Congrats!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blvdone said:

So you are doing well on Shutterstock.  Congrats!!

Thank you! Hmm? It looks so! At this time. I will be silent. Month still has 6 days. Just got another one clip sale. :) Now it is like 100% volume, 112% of 2019, Sept.

Hope situation will work out good for you, even you are not at SS any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

Thank you! Hmm? It looks so! At this time. I will be silent. Month still has 6 days. Just got another one clip sale. :) Now it is like 100% volume, 112% of 2019, Sept.

Hope situation will work out good for you, even you are not at SS any more.

It's working well for me unlicensing on Shutterstock and moving editorial clips to Pond5 exclusive.  Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...