Sign in to follow this  
blvdone

How's the video sales on Shutterstock compared to last September?

Just wondering.  I un-licensed my video portfolio on Shutterstock in August because they are selling our clips for too cheap on their subscription program. My AdobeStock sales are about the same as last September but Pond5 sales are doing well now and much higher than last September.  I moved all my editorial clips to my Pond5 exclusive account and getting 60% royalty for $199/4k and $79/HD clips.  My strategy is working.  I feel no need to re-license my clips on Shutterstock.

My video sales this month so far: $16.75, $0.43, $12.70, $1.50, $1.50, $44.75, $8.98 . All together already beating my September 2019 by a few bucks, and the month is only half way over. So, yes, I get mad when I see clip sales pop up for the small amounts, but volume is way up for me compared to last year. Sometimes I have the feeling that the tiny amounts are just on top of what would be the normal sales. In comparison, I sold only 2 clips at P5 and none at AS.

34 minutes ago, Milo J said:

My video sales this month so far: $16.75, $0.43, $12.70, $1.50, $1.50, $44.75, $8.98 . All together already beating my September 2019 by a few bucks, and the month is only half way over. So, yes, I get mad when I see clip sales pop up for the small amounts, but volume is way up for me compared to last year. Sometimes I have the feeling that the tiny amounts are just on top of what would be the normal sales. In comparison, I sold only 2 clips at P5 and none at AS.

That's nice.  Congrats!

About 50% less this Sept so far. But Sept 2019 was not good even. Top Spet was back in 2016. Otherwise all my agencies are down up to 70% and more. Only top authors like you are, has sales in circumstances existing now. Covid had striked us way to the ground. P5 is shit. AD does not exist for me. Best wishes! :)

5 hours ago, Primus1 said:

About 50% less this Sept so far. But Sept 2019 was not good even. Top Spet was back in 2016. Otherwise all my agencies are down up to 70% and more. Only top authors like you are, has sales in circumstances existing now. Covid had striked us way to the ground. P5 is shit. AD does not exist for me. Best wishes! :)

Thank you for the comment.  Good luck to you!!

8 minutes ago, blvdone said:

Thank you for the comment.  Good luck to you!!

Thank you! Good luck to you too! :) It will improve. Thinking with logic, might be wrong; so many companies round the world, so many small one, medium one, etc are down, film industry is down, etc. Who will buy anything from products we offer? OK - having indemand work - that sells. Guess only wealthiest  customers; but they buy top quality (as you have!) Well, my simple logic. Time will tell. My P5 used to be good. SS was too - forgot to mention.

Best wishes to you!

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

Thank you! Good luck to you too! :) It will improve. Thinking with logic, might be wrong; so many companies round the world, so many small one, medium one, etc are down, film industry is down, etc. Who will buy anything from products we offer? OK - having indemand work - that sells. Guess only wealthiest  customers; but they buy top quality (as you have!) Well, my simple logic. Time will tell. My P5 used to be good. SS was too - forgot to mention.

Best wishes to you!

Yes, it's a tough time right now.  We got to wait till the vaccine is available.

9 hours ago, blvdone said:

It seems like not many stock video sellers on this forum.

Look at the first post of page 2 of the "Show your monthly earnings graph" thread.

On 9/14/2020 at 10:52 AM, blvdone said:

Just wondering.  I un-licensed my video portfolio on Shutterstock in August because they are selling our clips for too cheap on their subscription program. My AdobeStock and Pond5 video sales are slightly down from last September so far.

This September, 1 (one) sale for a fabulous $0.26. Not bad!!!!

33 minutes ago, Tomsickova Tatyana said:

Super slow! Around 3 times less from last september and compared to July and August, 1/5 of the money! SO crappy video sales this month!

Wow.  That's surprising.  September is usually the 2nd best month of the year.

@blvdone, I think the only way to find out how it works out for you is to have your own port turned on. Video sales in general are so all over the place and finicky. One contributor sells less, another sells more - hard to make a trend out of it with so few people here on the forum. Personally, I've sold so far over twice the amount of clips I've sold in September of last year. Does it mean anything? Nah. Just dumb luck.

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

@blvdone, I think the only way to find out how it works out for you is to have your own port turned on. Video sales in general are so all over the place and finicky. One contributor sells less, another sells more - hard to make a trend out of it with so few people here on the forum. Personally, I've sold so far over twice the amount of clips I've sold in September of last year. Does it mean anything? Nah. Just dumb luck.

I won't turn on my clips licensing on Shutterstock in any near future unless they'll stop video subscription program, but it's great you are having a great month.

3 hours ago, Guenter Heinz said:

10 downloads, only peanuts.......

will finsih there end of the year, doesn´t make sence....

my footage is hard to get, it´s not a dog in the garden, I can not sell for this price!

$9.95/4k clip on video subscription is disgustingly cheap and bad for our business!!