Studio 2

Show your monthly earnings chart

49 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I don't compare month to month. I look at how I did the previous year same month

You are absolutely right and that is how I judge my progress.  My numbers for 2020 compared to the same month in 2019:

January   +15%

February   +75%

March   +9%

April    +24%

May   +37%

June  +14%

July   +23%

August    +1%

The size of my portfolio probably increased about 10% during that period of time, so earnings have increased faster than the portfolio size.

Topsy turvy ride. February and May were fantastic. There was a (possibly covid) dip in March and April and a "new earnings structure" dip in June. But the steady growth in July and August are encouraging.

323230562_Screenshot(433).png.d48f4c99238b4b26c78f4098b840ead1.png

On 9/9/2020 at 5:01 PM, Foodio said:

One of the lucky ones here too I guess. Holding steady plus a little for now as well. At first glance August looks like an outlier but in comparison to last year it's actually up a few points just like the rest.

Screenshot_20200909-114605.jpg

Your performance is still impressive, especially considering how relatively small your portfolio is, Foodio.

3 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Your performance is still impressive, especially considering how relatively small your portfolio is, Foodio.

Thanks Wilm. I have to say I'm both surprised and sorry to see your numbers. I would think your portfolio would be more or less immune to the combined effects of 2020.

1 hour ago, Foodio said:

Thanks Wilm. I have to say I'm both surprised and sorry to see your numbers. I would think your portfolio would be more or less immune to the combined effects of 2020.

At least I've already reached 56% after a third of September of what I had in complete August at shutterstock (but of course I have to admit that my August yardstick was very low). Still it is only 62% of my September earnings at AS.

22 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Sorry, Doug, I don't understand, what you mean. 🤔

Superstition. If you speak aloud something you hope to happen you can jinx it and make it not happen. Hopefully not for you 🤞

Quickly find a piece of wood to knock on. Or throw a spider over your shoulder or something...

29 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Sorry, Doug, I don't understand, what you mean. 🤔

Sorry, I guess it is an American term. By saying out loud  that "September will probably be much better than August" you have doomed it to not happen.

10 minutes ago, Doug Jensen said:

Sorry, I guess it is an American term. 

Interesting thought. English too. Although of course America has a partially English foundation. It would be good to know how universal are our superstitions and sayings. The sayings were once called 'old wives' tales'. How politically incorrect is that 😊 

Ah, okay, now I get it.

Thanks, Debbie and Doug - I indeed didn't know the expression.

Well, September will certainly be better than August. Whether it will be much better remains to be seen. Depends on how many of those 10 cent things come in. Or better said - how many high SODs and enhanced.

I will report...

August was better than June and July and September is already better than August thanks to an EL. However, downloads - even 10-15 cent ones - remain slow compared to August. Still, it's only the 12th so hope springs eternal that September will be a knock-out month.

5 hours ago, McOwenLevi said:

It's the 13th day of Sept.and still no single DL's.. whats happening SS 😭😕

I don't think the download number is to do with Sstock. Numbers have reduced I think due to Covid + related global economic decline. It's in Sstock's favour to have as many downloads as possible as they benefit vastly more than we do from our work. 

If I wasn't so lazy, I could also show the revenue chart what it would have looked like if shutterstock had kept the old revenue structure. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-14 um 21.57.21.png