Sign in to follow this  
Rudy Umans

I'm posting this with a heavy heart...

On 9/5/2020 at 1:14 AM, Rudy Umans said:

Thank you so very much for your interest Wilm!  It means a lot and finding a good home for these precious items would take a heavy weight of my shoulders.

The condition of the brush and dustpan are excellent. Considering their age and intended use, near mint really. I took good care of them!  They are both made of petroleum based materials and therefore very easy to disinfect, which is a must in these challenging times. The pan is blue and the brush is yellow with black(ish) bristles. I hope that matches your interior. 

The brush and dustpan go as a set for $50.00. That seems a lot and I know of course they are used, but they are used by ME and that's worth something don't you agree? If you want I sign them free of charge with archival ink, which is (limited) guaranteed for 200 years or so with the proper care. Your great great grandchildren will be grateful!  I have reasons to believe the ink is made by Caran d'ache, so you know it's good. Only the best is good enough for my patrons.

Considering you are in Germany, I sort of checked with DHL (since they are owned by Lufthansa) and the shipping cost is unfortunately $295.00 USD  plus taxes. Based on the current Euro/USD exchange rate. The package is an odd size and nobody flies anymore, so they need to make money somehow I suppose.  Plus handling, PayPal  and Credit Card fees. 

Subscription plan?  How many dustpans do you think I own? All items are unique as the price reflects.

Dear Rudy,

Thank you for your extremely fair and accommodating offer. A good $350 for a hand brush and dustpan is truly a bargain - especially since it is a museum heirloom.

Unfortunately, my shutterstock income has dropped so much that I can't even afford such a bargain anymore. So I have to step back and hope for your understanding for my precarious situation.

Many greetings,

Wilm

11 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

Dear Rudy,

Thank you for your extremely fair and accommodating offer. A good $350 for a hand brush and dustpan is truly a bargain - especially since it is a museum heirloom.

Unfortunately, my shutterstock income has dropped so much that I can't even afford such a bargain anymore. So I have to step back and hope for your understanding for my precarious situation.

Many greetings,

Wilm

No worries Wilm. I understand your dilemma. Food or dustpan! Boy oh Boy

Anyway, I know what I would have chosen..................... 

Thanks for replying everyone who did!

Nowadays it is mostly doom and gloom about things we can't change anyway for the most part. There was a time when a thread like this would have had 15 pages in 24 hours, even though there was plenty of doom and gloom in those days too.

We need to have more fun on these forums!

Debbie understands.....:)

34 minutes ago, Rudy Umans said:

Thanks for replying everyone who did!

Nowadays it is mostly doom and gloom about things we can't change anyway for the most part. There was a time when a thread like this would have had 15 pages in 24 hours, even though there was plenty of doom and gloom in those days too.

Yes, you are right! There was a time .... it's long ago.

Thank you anyway for trying to revive the old humor. You have succeeded!

53 minutes ago, Rudy Umans said:

I think most of us are still wary of posting anything on the forum, after being bullied for months for the simple fact that we didn't pull our ports.

55 minutes ago, Milo J said:

I think most of us are still wary of posting anything on the forum, after being bullied for months for the simple fact that we didn't pull our ports.

and where are those people now? The bullies I mean. 

12 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

Thank you for cheering us up Rudy. I think the Sstock changes have knocked the stuffing out of us. With @Phil Lowe and @geogif  and @Richard Whitcombe in the naughty corner and @Scorsby no longer around (and numerous others) some great scribes are no longer here. Your thread has brought smiles and smiles are good for the soul 😊

7 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Thank you for cheering us up Rudy. I think the Sstock changes have knocked the stuffing out of us. With @Phil Lowe and @geogif  and @Richard Whitcombe in the naughty corner and @Scorsby no longer around (and numerous others) some great scribes are no longer here. Your thread has brought smiles and smiles are good for the soul 😊

Yes, it's very sad they are not here.

There were great people here on the forums since day one and there are still great people here. Yourself included.

Hahaha, love your sense of humour. Now your camera will have to learn to do all the tasks that were being performed by this 'equipment' that you are selling.

13 minutes ago, Bhaven Jani said:

Hahaha, love your sense of humour. Now your camera will have to learn to do all the tasks that were being performed by this 'equipment' that you are selling.

GREAT IDEA!

I just take some pictures, load them up in Photoshop and I let Content Aware clean my house. Shouldn't take long at all!