engagestock

September Sales

25 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Sounds like you're in the same boat, designing for trade shows. Yeah, we will have to re-invent ourselves for now.

Yes, trade shows won't be back soon.

Even if they did, nobody would seriously invest money in the stand for a handful of visitors. But the stand builders are even worse off than me because they can't easily switch to another profession.

The same goes for the musical. If no performances can take place, a lot of people have no work. Lighting technicians, stage builders, riggers, transport companies that drive from city to city to deliver the equipment, orchestras, cast... All unemployed.

Even the industrial customers, who are not doing badly because they are not so much affected by Covid, have either significantly reduced their investments and marketing budget or completely eliminated them.

The coming year will not be easy - that much is certain.

And the lack of tax revenues will ensure that the state, the federal states, the cities and municipalities will also be able to invest less money. It is a vicious circle.

In Germany another problem is added. Germany draws a large part of its economic strength from exports. But where do they export to when importers also have to make savings?

19 hours ago, balajisrinivasan said:

:( Appears to be a worldwide phenomenon at the moment. So little work...

I was hoping for things to pick up on the corporate side by June or July but looks like bad times are going to go on for a while.

So sorry to hear this. Hope you have another 'string to your bow'. Everything is so inter-related that the knock on effect of Covid seems infinite. Selling hand gel and personal protective products might be a good industry to be in at the moment ­čśĚ

23 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

In Germany another problem is added. Germany draws a large part of its economic strength from exports. But where do they export to when importers also have to make savings?

Sorry to hear of the Covid effect on your industry too Wilm. Re trade, as the UK government is talking about walking away from a trade deal with the EU, it may not be us Germany imports to ­čĄ»

Strange times...

6 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Sorry to hear of the Covid effect on your industry too Wilm. Re trade, as the UK government is talking about walking away from a trade deal with the EU, it may not be us Germany imports to ­čĄ»

Strange times...

No, Debbie, that's right. The United Kingdom is hoping for free trade agreements with the US.

Whether the calculation works out, I dare to doubt.

The UK does not agree with the EU's conditions for a free trade agreement. But do they seriously believe that there are no conditions for free trade with the US? Donald Trump has always made it clear: America first. Do the British think that they will get a special position there? I do not believe that!

27 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

No, Debbie, that's right. The United Kingdom is hoping for free trade agreements with the US.

Whether the calculation works out, I dare to doubt.

The UK does not agree with the EU's conditions for a free trade agreement. But do they seriously believe that there are no conditions for free trade with the US? Donald Trump has always made it clear: America first. Do the British think that they will get a special position there? I do not believe that!

You don't need trade deals to do business with other countries. 15.5% of UK exports already go to the US and that is without any deal. Any inter-governmental trade deal is a question of give and take. The US will want access to certain UK markets (e.g. NHS) in return for the UK getting preferential access to certain US markets. If it works great, if not then business will still be done as it is today.

Germany is the UKs next biggest trade partner and the balance of trade is very much in Germany's favour. For that reason, I think Germany is making a mistake in letting Brussels bureaucrats do the negotiating. As with the US, if there is no deal with the EU, there will still be business done. However, Germany may lose out as other country's exporters get more favourable terms.

12 minutes ago, trucic said:

Slowdown turned to even worse extreme... sales absence is worriying and something needs to be changed on SS side...

Sales absence has a lot to do with a worldwide pandemic and subsequent major global economic downturn/collapse. What Sstock could do is give us our money back. Chances of that = 0.

3 hours ago, Charles Lewis said:

You don't need trade deals to do business with other countries. 15.5% of UK exports already go to the US and that is without any deal. Any inter-governmental trade deal is a question of give and take. The US will want access to certain UK markets (e.g. NHS) in return for the UK getting preferential access to certain US markets. If it works great, if not then business will still be done as it is today.

Germany is the UKs next biggest trade partner and the balance of trade is very much in Germany's favour. For that reason, I think Germany is making a mistake in letting Brussels bureaucrats do the negotiating. As with the US, if there is no deal with the EU, there will still be business done. However, Germany may lose out as other country's exporters get more favourable terms.

Charles,

I am not an economist either. Nor can I judge what will happen. But I am relatively sure about this: the brexit produces two losers: the EU and the UK.

As for the bureaucrats in Brussels: I am far from happy with everything that is happening there. But one thing is for sure: an alliance of states - be it economic, military or whatever - needs rules of the game. And everyone must abide by them.

We see every day that they do not. Most of all when it comes to the refugee crisis! What is happening there is a disgrace for the EU and most of its member states! Germany and the United Kingdom included!!!

5 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

So sorry to hear this. Hope you have another 'string to your bow'. Everything is so inter-related that the knock on effect of Covid seems infinite. Selling hand gel and personal protective products might be a good industry to be in at the moment ­čśĚ

My bow has a few strings and thanks to the pandemic, it's picked up a few more.

With restaurants and street food places shutting down, I now know a thing or two about cooking. And because of all the free time, I can now play a few chords on the guitar. And because the shops were shut for so long, I learnt how to grow potatoes on my balcony.

So, worst case scenario, I won't starve and could doodle on the guitar to keep myself busy during the jobless time.

4 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

Weekend was dead after a pretty good week.

Same here. Ready for Monday to get going.

2 hours ago, Marcel Rommens said:

I have never have a EL

With more then 500 sales i had expected some EL's

I took a look in my stats. On average every 700th download is an Enhanced for me.

40 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Right on track to the worst month in ten years. Good job, SS! ­čśí

In dollar terms, income is generally down due the changed payment system. However, what I'm noticing this month, and not just on SS, is that downloads are down. That could be due to Covid and its impact on the economy rather than anything SS has done.

25 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I took a look in my stats. On average every 700th download is an Enhanced for me.

Thanks for that Wilm. That's really cheered me up. There's something to look forward to then.

giphy(2).gif

9 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Thanks for that Wilm. That's really cheered me up. There's something to look forward to then.

giphy(2).gif

Oh, Deb, I can motivate you there. Since the beginning of the year the rate has been much better. This year every 567th download was an Enhanced. :)