engagestock

September Sales

Waste of time ...

I'd really like to read words from those who have good or decent video sales these days. Really. :)

Perhaps if we/I would start paying to customers for our clips ... there would be some sales anyway?

It is like this: when customer buy photo, there are expectations photo includes marketing campaign worth at least $10K, when clip is bought there shold be campaign worth at least $50K included and for free. Got me? Disaster of customers ...

September is chugging along nicely for me, but I'm having the weirdest pattern of shitty day followed by good day, followed by shitty day. (two bad in a row over the holiday weekend).

579208160_ScreenShot2020-09-09at5_19_53PM.png.3f5a21adf0837180a02e2e866da1b8ef.png

56 minutes ago, Milo J said:

September is chugging along nicely for me, but I'm having the weirdest pattern of shitty day followed by good day, followed by shitty day. (two bad in a row over the holiday weekend).

579208160_ScreenShot2020-09-09at5_19_53PM.png.3f5a21adf0837180a02e2e866da1b8ef.png

Similar pattern for me although sales seem pretty slow so far. Still, it's early days in the month.

29 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

So wt... has changed then? Authors reporting good sales. I am, and many other, not among them. Why? How? Oh ... my top days look like number in 3 digits per day ... ;) Now I have 0.00 per day, all month on! How? Why?

I am in the same boat like you, since January everything changed for me. What I used to earn in 1 month, now it takes me about 3 months to earn the same amount.

Just now, Saurav022 said:

I am in the same boat like you, since January everything changed for me. What I used to earn in 1 month, now it takes me about 3 months to earn the same amount.

Thank you! Just having a hope our boat will not sink ... Best wishes! ;)

It seems that ODs, Enhanced and SODs have been abolished. Yesterday's RPD for 24 DLs = $0,14.

If you extrapolate this to one month, with 744 downloads you would get a monthly income of $104. Level 5 is really worth it. 😫

7 hours ago, Evgeniia Ozerkina said:

Miracles happen sometimes.

Yes, totally! I am amazed today to have a $30 EL and a $44 video sale. Definitely broke the pattern...

12 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

That is not nice of you. You take away all our money 🙂

Yeah, sorry about that. If I see the download fairy on her next fly-by, I will tell her to send some your way. 😉

Then again, I need every penny I can get, as Covid has completely destroyed my industry.

48 minutes ago, Milo J said:

Yes, totally! I am amazed today to have a $30 EL and a $44 video sale. Definitely broke the pattern...

Congratulations 🥂 I was just thinking the 'celebration' thread hasn't shown its face in a long while. Glad for you and sorry to hear work issues persist. These days we need all the good luck we can get

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

...as Covid has completely destroyed my industry.

What's you daily job, Milo?

A part of my job exhibition design, fair booth architecture, showroom intertors. And I have customers from the musical sector. No idea when the business will start again. But I'm pretty sure: It will be a long time before it brings in money again.

20 hours ago, Milo J said:

Looks excellent, congratulations

1 hour ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

What's you daily job, Milo?

I make half of my income operating a long lens camera in the back of a ballroom at gigantic conferences. You know, the kind where they stuff 3,000 people from all over the world into a room and have an awe-inspiring general session with keynote speakers and loud music and high-fives and hugs and cocktail parties by the pool at night? Yeah. Dead. One can't even imagine such a thing anymore.

The other half of my income is from corporate video production, which is also pretty much dead right now.

59 minutes ago, Milo J said:

The other half of my income is from corporate video production, which is also pretty much dead right now.

:( Appears to be a worldwide phenomenon at the moment. So little work...

I was hoping for things to pick up on the corporate side by June or July but looks like bad times are going to go on for a while.

18 hours ago, Milo J said:

Woke up to a $24 EL. September is back on track!

19 hours ago, Milo J said:

I make half of my income operating a long lens camera in the back of a ballroom at gigantic conferences. You know, the kind where they stuff 3,000 people from all over the world into a room and have an awe-inspiring general session with keynote speakers and loud music and high-fives and hugs and cocktail parties by the pool at night? Yeah. Dead. One can't even imagine such a thing anymore.

Shit! I'm sorry for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you at least get orders in the corporate video segment. The conference topic will not be coming back soon.

36 minutes ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

The conference topic will not be coming back soon.

Sounds like you're in the same boat, designing for trade shows. Yeah, we will have to re-invent ourselves for now.

22 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Congratulations 🥂 I was just thinking the 'celebration' thread hasn't shown its face in a long while.

I would have resurrected it last night, had I gotten an ODD - because that would have made for a complete "full house". As it is, I stopped one short, got 5 out of 6 categories. But still a very good day.  🙂