Brian Kapp

Help with title rejection reason, please.

Submitting my first .eps.  Has been rejected twice for: Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess.

First time title: The scientific formula for Work bracketed by the words Labor Day, within a circle of text U.S.A., all in colors red, white, and blue.

Second time title: A circular Labor Day emblem.

Also the second time, I accidentally submitted as Editorial. I don't know if that is the reason the second time.

I am showing a reduced in size, .png of it here.

image.png.3c3609da3f25ce88a846857b53f15c38.png

11 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess.

That’s a new phrase they like to pull out from the stable ... 

Btw - are you a mathematician ..? Maybe it’s not the title but the image ...?

If you submitted it as editorial with the second try, then they would have rejected for title because editorial titles need to be in a specific format. Neither title is wrong, but I'd try it with the second version, it's shorter and cleaner. You can always change it again once it's in your catalog. For what it's worth, I don't think it has a lot of commercial value, but what do I know.

Thank you both for responses. No, I am not a mathematician. The fact that there is a formula for Work I remembered from science classes, but looked it up to be sure I got it right.

I'll try first submitting as Commercial, with the shorter title...

Looks like "Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess." is the new favourite reason for pointless rejections

5 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Looks like "Title must be descriptive and relevant to the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot contain special characters, spelling/grammar errors, or repeat words/phrases in excess." is the new favourite reason for pointless rejections

And (not or, or disagreeing) like similar images, cracking down and very stringent with loads of rejections,  the rules and guidelines that existed before are actually being enforced now? 😁 Soft, grain, focus, similar and now add grammar.

I have had a similar experience, the images have been received without issue on 3 other stock sites.  There is nothing more boring that my descriptions, but they are English with no spelling errors.  1383703145_ScreenShot2020-09-04at10_53_35am.thumb.png.6dc7436c8eba66fd4ff02f8a94311399.png