Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tawrat Ferdousi Branding

What's the "Additional resources" is for?

Recommended Posts

 

Hello,

I wants to know, what's the purpose of "Additional resources" in our contributor page?

90% of irrelevant topics, which does not help me at all as a contributor.

For example,

Look at the latest blog, how does it relate or help us as a contributor?

Does Shutterstock has open the option to submit Insatragram Stories?

Then what's this idiotic section is for?

Who's the audience of those blogs?

Contributor or Shutterstock Customer?

Those sucks.

 

image.png.2fc3b2d1a7648be8d830392cd01ccbb0.png 

 

For context, Look at the contrebutor blog of Freepik.

image.thumb.png.49e6a4b6f7796bde2f11b5fdf07bdbc1.png

Tell me your thoughts on it.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, don't be confused by the titel "Additional resources". I don't know why they call it like this, but actually it is just a link to the Shutterstock blog - and that is aimed at all kinds of people, contributors, customers, photographers, influencers, etc.
If you look at the blog itself, you will see that the individual articles have tags like "Business", "Contributor", "Tips & Tutorial" or "Video Production".

Most are tagged with "Contributor", but I can't really remember that there were many that contained useful information for contributors.
These are just blog posts by random people  - no idea on what base they get picked or whether anyone on Shutterstock actually checks the content,
It's not only that very often they do not contain useful tips, but very often the examples that are picked are photos that would not be accepted on Shutterstock, so I am not sure why I should trust anyones advice who can't even select images that would be approved by Shutterstock? I remembre photos that contained visible graffiti (neither accepted as commercial not editorial by Shutterstock), that looked extremely similar (look at the first and the 6th photo - I know I would get thes rejected as "too similar. I had images rejected that were clearly different, while this one looks like almost the same image! https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/photographers-stock-homeschool-images ) or photos that showed polaroids (again, not accepted by Shutterstock). These are just some things I remember noticing at once from the top of my head, but I am sure there are many more examples if I looked out for these. What good are tips and examples to me, if Shutterstock judges its contributors by different standards and I know that I as a small minion would not get images like this approved or that the tips come from someone who might have no experience in selling images on stock sites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a marketing blog. Many companies use blogs for marketing purposes. The idea is just to suck in new customers or contributors. 

Like so many of these kinds of blogs, they only scratch the surface of the subjects they're dealing with. Nothing really valuable information cannot be found in them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Firn said:

Ah, don't be confused by the titel "Additional resources". I don't know why they call it like this, but actually it is just a link to the Shutterstock blog - and that is aimed at all kinds of people, contributors, customers, photographers, influencers, etc.
If you look at the blog itself, you will see that the individual articles have tags like "Business", "Contributor", "Tips & Tutorial" or "Video Production".

If 90% of it does not help contrebutor, then what's the point of adding "Additional resources" in contributor dashboard?

Those articles are annoying to me as those does not help or attract me as a contributor at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jarmo Piironen said:

It's a marketing blog. Many companies use blogs for marketing purposes. The idea is just to suck in new customers or contributors. 

Like so many of these kinds of blogs, they only scratch the surface of the subjects they're dealing with. Nothing really valuable information cannot be found in them. 

 

Then why they includes those irrelevant blogs in the contributor dashboard? does this add up??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They used to have some really good stuff for contributors, like the shuttertalk videos, but most isn't aimed at contributors now, I think their focus is on buyers. They'd be better linking to relevant articles, like how to fill in releases, or best practices for keywording etc. but it's been asked for before and they haven't done it. Better searching in the blog for relevant stuff, which can be found, as they did used to do some good articles for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

They used to have some really good stuff for contributors, like the shuttertalk videos, but most isn't aimed at contributors now, I think their focus is on buyers. They'd be better linking to relevant articles, like how to fill in releases, or best practices for keywording etc. but it's been asked for before and they haven't done it. Better searching in the blog for relevant stuff, which can be found, as they did used to do some good articles for us.

Recent SS email contained stuff on keywording.  The long and the short of it is it's probably best to avoid anything remotely..............not sure what word(s) I can use......ethnically or culturally or sexually or otherwise diverse.....judging from the advice/problems contained therein..... 

SS goes mega woke even though buyers will probably search for the 'unrecommended' terms.....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...