Jump to content

Level 2 or Level 3 but same 10 cents


Recommended Posts

Okay. I reached level 2 a long time ago. But so far I get payments for 10 cents. I wrote the SS and got an answer. It turns out because customers buy a small base it depends on it and the payment depends. This means that no matter what level you reach, you will still have 10 cents, except for those who have purchased a large base. What is the purpose of the level here?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigitas -

this earnings chart has been posted over and over, and it shows you that in some cases, even if the contributor is level 5, they can still get some 10 cent downloads (the area outlines in blue), it depends on the type of package that the customer bought:

465434236_NickPic0122020-07-2113_34_57.j

 

The levels come into play with other types of sales than the regular subscriptions (ODD, EL, SOD)

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Chuck Wagner said:

Heck, I already sold six subs today, for a TOTAL of 80 cents.  And I am at Level 4.  Anyone else have such a monetary windfall? 😠🤬😤

I can beat that, 43 downloads this month and  a magnificent $7.26, ha! , beat that!!  That must be 3 beers,  I drunk my windfall this evening!  Such a great feeling to know that SS is paying my drinks bill.

 

Signed: Sober Judge

 

By the way, level 4, it feels good to be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually having my best month ever on Shutterstock which is rather strange. 3 enhanced sales have boosted the 10 cent sales.
Currently 45 downloads for $59.01 would have been even better if it was still at the previous prices.

I have added Pond but have yet to make a sale, Adobe is good and steady, iStock much slower than SS, Dreamstime slowly getting there and Depositphotos just starting to get a few sales.
Shutterstock despite the 10 cent sale nightmare is still topping them but that might also be to do with my location of Australia, I am not sure the designers here use some of those mentioned above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Merrillie Redden said:

I am actually having my best month ever on Shutterstock which is rather strange. 3 enhanced sales have boosted the 10 cent sales.
Currently 45 downloads for $59.01 would have been even better if it was still at the previous prices.

I have added Pond but have yet to make a sale, Adobe is good and steady, iStock much slower than SS, Dreamstime slowly getting there and Depositphotos just starting to get a few sales.
Shutterstock despite the 10 cent sale nightmare is still topping them but that might also be to do with my location of Australia, I am not sure the designers here use some of those mentioned above.

This is incredible, Merrillie! 3 enhanced and only $59! Such prices should be prohibited! If you think about how much money the buyer can earn with the enhanced. Probably such a customer like art.com, waltmart, kunst-fuer-alle, fine art america or similar. They can then sell it a hundred times over.

Beautiful landscape images in your portfolio, by the way.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 8:32 AM, Sigitas Duoblis said:

Okay. I reached level 2 a long time ago. But so far I get payments for 10 cents. I wrote the SS and got an answer. It turns out because customers buy a small base it depends on it and the payment depends. This means that no matter what level you reach, you will still have 10 cents, except for those who have purchased a large base. What is the purpose of the level here?

You will have the same 10 cent sales on Level 5 and Level 6.

I'm at level 5.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The level system comes into play for sales in the lower volume subscription plans and for the amount you earn on ODDs, SODs and ELs. For example, I'm at level 4 and occasionally get subs for $0.75 - at level 1 those would be just $0.38. The problem is that most sub sales are through the large subscription plans, which results in a minimum amount of $0.10 for all of us.

I am hoping that at some point, when the economy recovers, smaller players like myself will return to the market, and we will see more of those higher value subs. As SS implemented the new payment system in a time of economic crisis, we don't really know what the effect would have been / will be in a normal market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2020 at 1:47 AM, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

This is incredible, Merrillie! 3 enhanced and only $59! Such prices should be prohibited! If you think about how much money the buyer can earn with the enhanced. Probably such a customer like art.com, waltmart, kunst-fuer-alle, fine art america or similar. They can then sell it a hundred times over.

Beautiful landscape images in your portfolio, by the way.

 

 

Thanks Wilm, I also sell from my own website which does ok and Fine Art America. i had a good sale on FAA this month of a panorama Singapore nightscape but they are a bit harder to sell Australian images on. I have been working on covering all bases for a planned retirement in 4 years but that may be coming by the end of the year thanks to the pandemic and the current call out for voluntary redundancies in the university field that I work in. As we all know photography is an expensive hobby just buying the gear and software not to mention computers, internet, backups which is why 10 cent sales is such a kick in the ass and so unfair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Merrillie Redden said:

Thanks Wilm, I also sell from my own website which does ok and Fine Art America. i had a good sale on FAA this month of a panorama Singapore nightscape but they are a bit harder to sell Australian images on. I have been working on covering all bases for a planned retirement in 4 years but that may be coming by the end of the year thanks to the pandemic and the current call out for voluntary redundancies in the university field that I work in. As we all know photography is an expensive hobby just buying the gear and software not to mention computers, internet, backups which is why 10 cent sales is such a kick in the ass and so unfair.

I also found images of me at FAA. But I never uploaded anything there. There seems to be a link to shutterstock. How much I get for an FAA sale, I don't know. I do not even know if I get anything for it at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2020 at 2:32 PM, Sigitas Duoblis said:

Okay. I reached level 2 a long time ago. But so far I get payments for 10 cents. I wrote the SS and got an answer. It turns out because customers buy a small base it depends on it and the payment depends. This means that no matter what level you reach, you will still have 10 cents, except for those who have purchased a large base. What is the purpose of the level here?

A Level 5 example:

 

10.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

I also found images of me at FAA. But I never uploaded anything there. There seems to be a link to shutterstock. How much I get for an FAA sale, I don't know. I do not even know if I get anything for it at all.

Do you have any on Shutterstock/Getty I believe they have some on there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...