blvdone

I turned on my photo licensing back on again!!!

Then I see a bunch of 10 cents sub sales piling up again while the lowest I get from Adobe Stock sub sale is like 50 cents.  It hurts.  I wonder probably it's hurting my business overall to be selling here for so cheap.  It makes me think again if I should un-license photo sale again on Shutterstock till they change this 10 cent royalty per sub sale.  I'm not turning my video licensing back on again unless they stop $9.95 for 4k clip video subscription.  

5 hours ago, blvdone said:

till they change this 10 cent royalty per sub sale.  

How long have you got? I suspect the Earth will have imploded before that happens. 

4 hours ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

Hang in there, be patient.  I'm seeing some $.48, $.56 and $.73 sub sales in addition to $.10 sub sales.

A few exceptions don't change the fact that the RPD has fallen sharply. Since the new revenue structure I have lost 40% in terms of RPD.

2 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

A few exceptions don't change the fact that the RPD has fallen sharply. Since the new revenue structure I have lost 40% in terms of RPD.

June-August 2020 compared to June-August 2019?

18 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

June-August 2020 compared to June-August 2019?

My numbers:

RPD
01.06. to 22.08.2019: RPD = 0,81
01.06. to 22.08.2020: RPD = 0,65
RPD 2020 = minus 20%

Downloads:
01.06. to 22.08.2019
vs.
01.06. until 22.08.2020
Downloads 2020 = plus 16%

Income:
June 1 to August 22, 2019
vs.
01.06. until 22.08.2020
Income 2020 = minus 6.2%

Without the SODs and Enhanced that I had in June, which were exceptional by my standards, things would look much worse. And this, although I now get 35% - before the maximum was 30%.

All this is based on four-digit downloads.

I think RPD on video clips are significantly lower here on Shutterstock than Adobe Stock and Pond5.  I moved all my editorial video clips to Pond5 exclusive account to get 60% royalty on them.  I have no plan to re-license video clips here on Shutterstock unless they create opt-out for video subscription that sells $9.95/4k video.  Video subs don't differentiate HD or 4k clips.  They give customers either 4k or HD clips for the same ridiculous price.  I can't let them do that even if I lose some money by disabling my video portfolio here.  I would rather make less money but keep my price high not giving out my clips for cheap.  If we all do this, Shutterstock's loss will be bigger than ours.