Sign in to follow this  
Rob Bayer

Disappearing Images

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago I noticed one of my images (84 sales) is missing from the portfolio. All what's left is the image ID with the link, which leads to a message saying 'Ooops, we're sorry, we can't find what you are looking for, Error 404'. No keywords, no description left. I have no idea what image it actually is!

I contacted Support, so far I only got the confirmation, that the image is indeed missing and they gonna investigate.

Now, 2 more images (only 9 and 1 sales, resp.) disappeared. I informed support, no response so far.

Wondering, if anyone else has noticed recently something like that?

Regards,

Rob

20 minutes ago, Rob Bayer said:

Hi,

About 3 weeks ago I noticed one of my images (84 sales) is missing from the portfolio. All what's left is the image ID with the link, which leads to a message saying 'Ooops, we're sorry, we can't find what you are looking for, Error 404'. No keywords, no description left. I have no idea what image it actually is!

I contacted Support, so far I only got the confirmation, that the image is indeed missing and they gonna investigate.

Now, 2 more images (only 9 and 1 sales, resp.) disappeared. I informed support, no response so far.

Regards,

Rob

I am missing 1 image from my portfolio; my dashboard shows 580 images, but when opening ‘portfolio’, it shows 579 images.

This happened about 2 weeks ago when I uploaded an image and deleted it again, right after it was accepted. The missing image is the one that was accepted minutes before the one I deleted. 

Is this similar to what you are experiencing ? (Mismatch between the dashboard and portfolio)

9 hours ago, Repelsteeltje said:

I am missing 1 image from my portfolio; my dashboard shows 580 images, but when opening ‘portfolio’, it shows 579 images.

This happened about 2 weeks ago when I uploaded an image and deleted it again, right after it was accepted. The missing image is the one that was accepted minutes before the one I deleted. 

Is this similar to what you are experiencing ? (Mismatch between the dashboard and portfolio)

Something is changing at Shutterstock, one of my images that has sold over 150 times is in the same status as your image and my image is 7 years old.  Perhaps not related to this change is that Shutterstock has stopped sending me survey requests which previously happened after almost every submission.  

5 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

@Kate Shutterstock Are you able to assist on this please? I have just gone through my 'Top Performers' list and on page 6 two photos are listed with their ID but no image. When I go into the ID link this comes up

Screenshot_20200821-181217_Samsung Internet.jpg

At least I am not alone. I only noticed the missing images because I made the effort to go through the list of Top Performers, which I usually don't do - it's a loooong list. I wonder how many more fellow contributors have same problem, but still unnoticed. And I wonder what's behind it. Files just don't vanish like that.

So, an answer from Support would be very much appreciated!

Rob

On 8/20/2020 at 9:43 PM, Rob Bayer said:

Hi,

Yes. without any notification, I discovered missing images that Shutterstock claims were deleted from "my end". The have disappeared from my main catalog, but still appear in some of my sets. The error when clicking on a thumbnail is "We can't find the content you wanted to edit, please check the ID (1282081015) and try again."

On the set that is publicly accessible as a "collection", the numbers don't add up. The collection states that there are 71 images, but only 61.

I did an experiment and intentionally deleted 3 photos. In those cases the images disappeared from both the main catalog and any sets they were included in (as expected).

I went back and forth with tech support and they just don't seem to pick up on this as a bug or corruption.

Since there is no notification, I don't think people with big portfolios would notice this as frequently. FYI, this did not affect any "sold items" that I can detect. I am trying to decide whether to reload the images, or thin out my portfolio of any unsold items. I don't think there are user tools on Shutterstock to be able to efficiently monitor a large portfolio for anomalies like this.

I just discovered that one of my photos in my port is missing, too.
I do not know, which one, but the number switched from 6161 to 6160 photos.
I did not delete anything - and I even did not upload any new photos within the last 2 or 3 days...

That's mysterious...

... I just noticed that the problem is still there... Again one picture of my port is missing 😞

number of images in my port before refreshing:

grafik.png.e6704880f6ac3251ad42cae61e67efb7.png

- and after refreshing the page:

grafik.png.20ba9ec2f615644f4304db709f194226.png