Level 5, enhanced license olny $3.65, what's wrong with it?

There is a lot wrong with it, but the EL terms are very wrong to begin with. $3.65, $15.00, or $30.00 is the same insult.

AN ENHANCED IMAGE LICENSE grants you the right to use Images (which rights are in addition to 1-5 above and exclusive to Enhanced Image Licenses):

1. In any manner permitted under a Standard Image License, without any limitation on the number of reproductions, impressions, or budget;

2. Incorporated into merchandise intended for sale or promotional distribution (collectively "Merchandise"), including, without limitation, textiles, artwork, magnets, wall-art, calendars, toys, stationery, greeting cards, and any other physical reproduction for resale or distribution, provided that such Merchandise incorporates material creative or functional elements apart from the Image(s).

3. In wall art (and without requiring further creative or functional elements) for decorative purposes in a commercial space owned by you or your client, and not for sale.

4. Incorporated as elements of digital templates for sale or distribution.

This is one of the worst parts of microstock. (not just SS) Can you imagine to have your image on hundreds of thousands event posters or calendars and you only got $3.65 - $15.00 or so?  If that's not degrading, I don't know what is and for that reason, none of my images on microstock anywhere are poster or calendar quality. (I make my own calendars anyway)

If you are approached directly by a poster company and they tell you they want to use your image for a 500.000 print run for posters for a nationwide event but they can only pay you $5.00, would you say  "sure, no problem" ?  "Digital Templates" are even worse

so, instead of throwing a fit about $0.10 for a subscription, this clause is what people should throw a fit about imo

9 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

There is a lot wrong with it, but the EL terms are very wrong to begin with. $3.65, $15.00, or $30.00 is the same insult.

AN ENHANCED IMAGE LICENSE grants you the right to use Images (which rights are in addition to 1-5 above and exclusive to Enhanced Image Licenses):

1. In any manner permitted under a Standard Image License, without any limitation on the number of reproductions, impressions, or budget;

2. Incorporated into merchandise intended for sale or promotional distribution (collectively "Merchandise"), including, without limitation, textiles, artwork, magnets, wall-art, calendars, toys, stationery, greeting cards, and any other physical reproduction for resale or distribution, provided that such Merchandise incorporates material creative or functional elements apart from the Image(s).

3. In wall art (and without requiring further creative or functional elements) for decorative purposes in a commercial space owned by you or your client, and not for sale.

4. Incorporated as elements of digital templates for sale or distribution.

This is one of the worst parts of microstock. (not just SS) Can you imagine to have your image on hundreds of thousands event posters or calendars and you only got $3.65 - $15.00 or so?  If that's not degrading, I don't know what is and for that reason, none of my images on microstock anywhere are poster or calendar quality. (I make my own calendars anyway)

If you are approached directly by a poster company and they tell you they want to use your image for a 500.000 print run for posters for a nationwide event but they can only pay you $5.00, would you say  "sure, no problem" ?  "Digital Templates" are even worse

so, instead of throwing a fit about $0.10 for a subscription, this clause is what people should throw a fit about imo

In normal case, it can't be 3.65, the lowest should be 23.79(67.96*0.35)

Maybe there are some kinds of Shutterstock Enterprise package......

微信图片_20200820084817.png