Can someone sell prints of my photo even if he claims he bought it online?

5 hours ago, Kamira said:

Today I found a shop selling prints of my photos. The owner claims the person who brings them the prints claims he bought the photos online. Is that legit? I'm not really familiar with all the licensing details.

Read through this Kamira but the answer is Yes they can.

https://www.shutterstock.com/support/article/Can-I-sell-products-with-Shutterstock-Images-on-them

6 hours ago, Merrillie Redden said:

Read through this Kamira but the answer is Yes they can.

But the link is about products? I would say no if its just the photo and if it hasn’t been through a ‘creative’ process - and is sold by a third party. But of couse I dont know about the precise circumstances. Anyway it’s almost impossible to crack down on illegal use of SS images. 

By prints, do you mean photographic prints like you'd order through a film lab? I seriously doubt that would be allowed. On the other hand, if it's genuine products like postcards or posters, then that may well be legit. Though that's assuming the individual bought the images directly from Shutterstock. All we know is that the images were purchased online. That may well be from SS or possibly somewhere else. Maybe next time, you can find out exactly where they were bought from. 

AN ENHANCED IMAGE LICENSE grants you the right to use Images (which rights are in addition to 1-5 above and exclusive to Enhanced Image Licenses):

1. In any manner permitted under a Standard Image License, without any limitation on the number of reproductions, impressions, or budget;

2. Incorporated into merchandise intended for sale or promotional distribution (collectively "Merchandise"), including, without limitation, textiles, artwork, magnets, wall-art, calendars, toys, stationery, greeting cards, and any other physical reproduction for resale or distribution, provided that such Merchandise incorporates material creative or functional elements apart from the Image(s).

3. In wall art (and without requiring further creative or functional elements) for decorative purposes in a commercial space owned by you or your client, and not for sale.

4. Incorporated as elements of digital templates for sale or distribution.

In other words, if there are no graphic elements on the prints, the answer is no.  Not allowed