Is this a scam letter?

I received an email from SS: "You've climbed to a higher level — nice!"
I thought that on June 1, all sales were dropped. And the calculation of the new level starts on June 1. But in the letter, the number of sales is calculated approximately from the beginning of the year. I am wary of a hack as it is easy to spoof an email address. Just in case I didn't click on any links.

How to check a real letter or scammers?

@Thijs de Graaf Thank you.  I thought it was counting from June. I decided this because most of my SS are a measly 10 cents. I naively believed if the contributor has a high level, then the minimum subscription price cannot be 10 cents. Shutterstock is a black box. I don't understand their payment system, but I know that my earnings has decreased three times after the introduction of the new system :(

5 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

There are from June 6 levels, starting from the beginning of the year (next year you start again in level 1).   When you look at the number of photographs you have sold, you can see when you are in a next level. The 0.10 also remain in the higher levels or become 0,12 or something similar.

Thijs - I don’t think this was the question ..?

1 hour ago, oleschwander said:

Thijs - I don’t think this was the question ..?

Evgeniia did not understand when you leveled up and therefore did not trust Shuttersock's message that she had climbed to a higher level.
In my answer I show how she can check for herself that Shutterstock is right. If so, the message is probably real. (She thought the sales count started June 1 instead of January 1.)
The rest is indeed additional information. If you read her answer, you will see that it was not clear to her either.

If you go to your dashboard you can see which level you are on. You don't need to go through the email links to check it, just go direct to the dashboard. On a pc you can find it on the tab/link (it's not obvious!) to the right of your Lifetime earnings. Then you will be able to see if you went up a level or not. 

16 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

If you go to your dashboard you can see which level you are on. You don't need to go through the email links to check it, just go direct to the dashboard. On a pc you can find it on the tab/link (it's not obvious!) to the right of your Lifetime earnings. Then you will be able to see if you went up a level or not. 

Thank you Linda - I've never notice that before!!

I'm on level 4 -  for what its worth-  looks like I may not even reach minimum payout this month - this is a first for me since joining back in 2013!

3 hours ago, paula french said:

Thank you Linda - I've never notice that before!!

I'm on level 4 -  for what its worth-  looks like I may not even reach minimum payout this month - this is a first for me since joining back in 2013!

It's not at all obvious so it's not surprising you missed it, I expect many people don't realise it's there.

It's awful that you might not make payout this month. It's been a kick in the teeth for so many :(

I haven't received any email from SS when I moved up a level, both for images and videos. It seems I'm simply not on their mailing list. I first heard of the new payment system here, on the forum.  Not having received the formal information via email, I even, for a few days, had a silly idea that somehow I'd been excluded. 

On 8/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, Predrag Jankovic said:

I haven't received any email from SS when I moved up a level, both for images and videos. It seems I'm simply not on their mailing list. I first heard of the new payment system here, on the forum.  Not having received the formal information via email, I even, for a few days, had a silly idea that somehow I'd been excluded. 

I'm guessing the email would've gone to your spam folder - as they would have your email on file - unless you've changed it and not told them?