Josef Pittner

Port disabled. Still selling though!!!

Ive heard from elsewhere that content can still be sold from a portfolio up to 90 days after it has been disabled. Though don't quote me on that. 

Well, dang. I just checked, because I disabled too and have sales. Not much sales, so they are only selling without our permission some times, not always. So considerate.

I’ve heard the 90 day deal as well.  But I’ve had my portfolio disable for almost a month and a half.  These are the only 4 items I’ve “sold”.  What are they going to do next?  Take over our ports, keep selling and not pay us?????

Interesting topic that confirms my suspicion, shutterstock has way but way less images in they´re library than they are reporting and the number of images displayed are being pumped up illegally. The number of images and videos pulled by contributors must be massive!!!

3 minutes ago, Cappelletti_pictures said:

Interesting topic that confirms my suspicion, shutterstock has way but way less images in they´re library than they are reporting and the number of images displayed are being pumped up illegally. The number of images and videos pulled by contributors must be massive!!!

I think you’re absolutely correct.  I honestly don’t know any photographer/videographer who would sell their photos/videos for $0.10/0.34.  I don’t trust anyone who says they’re still making any money here.  It just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

56 minutes ago, Josef Pittner said:

I’ve heard the 90 day deal as well.  But I’ve had my portfolio disable for almost a month and a half.  These are the only 4 items I’ve “sold”.  What are they going to do next?  Take over our ports, keep selling and not pay us?????

Do you guys not even read the TOS before you signed up? It is 100% clear what you have given them permission to do and for how long after you disable or close, that they can do it. That you'd rather complain than take 3 seconds to look it up baffles me. 

20 minutes ago, Josef Pittner said:

I think you’re absolutely correct.  I honestly don’t know any photographer/videographer who would sell their photos/videos for $0.10/0.34.  I don’t trust anyone who says they’re still making any money here.  It just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever.

Exactly! I don´t know anyone either! even phones are expensive tools, they don´t come cheap.

1 minute ago, Cappelletti_pictures said:

Exactly! I don´t know anyone either! even phones are expensive tools, they don´t come cheap.

Agreed.  Sold a few photos shot with my old Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge and my current Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max.    Those phones were and are expensive.  You’d have to sell a few thousand photos and videos to even recover the cost of the phone alone.  SS is playing make believe with the amount of photos and videos that they have in their database.  They’ve deleted a few of my posts.  Not going to be surprised if they delete this thread as well.

7 minutes ago, Josef Pittner said:

Agreed.  Sold a few photos shot with my old Samsung Galaxy s7 Edge and my current Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max.    Those phones were and are expensive.  You’d have to sell a few thousand photos and videos to even recover the cost of the phone alone.  SS is playing make believe with the amount of photos and videos that they have in their database.  They’ve deleted a few of my posts.  Not going to be surprised if they delete this thread as well.

Yeah I noticed that´s been happening... Posts seam to disappear.

16 minutes ago, Cappelletti_pictures said:

Yeah I noticed that´s been happening... Posts seam to disappear.

Well it’s been fun exchanging messages with you.  Time to go shoot and upload to AS.  Have a good one and good luck.

6 hours ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

How can It be possible?

Section 5, subsection b. Contribs agreed to it when they signed up. Plenty of legit complaints to make about SS without making things up.