1 minute ago, Matylda Laurence said:

well I hope you get in...Alex encouraged me to try again and also read up on his newsletter. Have to say that some of mine are similar to yours vertical and a focus but not what they wanted and replied within a couple of days. Think I will try once more and think outside the box as my thinking like a book designer was not the way to go...still is a learning curve :)

Thank you. I wish you luck with your next entry. It would be so good to get in as it would be a great creative outlet. 

5 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Need to start thinking of subjects / concepts to shoot instead of just randomly walking around (which is the most fun for me).

I suspect that fits in well with what I deem to be an extrovert personality. However still life images using vintage objects for historic concepts might be fun. 

6 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I sent them a batch with some 50 images and only 3 were accepted (including these two).

Need to start thinking of subjects / concepts to shoot instead of just randomly walking around (which is the most fun for me).

Arcangel accepted.jpg

I get the impression it is best to think of it as a totally new/different/seperate discipline with the camera and developing again.  I learned at the start of my microstock journey that it can help to have specific categories when shooting - with different prime requirements.  Microstock needs to be sharp no noise, whereas football needs to catch the goals even if they are horribly out of focus (as far as I am concerned lol) and noise does not matter one iota.  I have started building a collection to submit to archangel after reading this thread - but they are very different from what I submit here as I am doing more post processing - as well as thinking about putting a whole shot together from scratch, which I tend not to do in stock as like yourself I prefer walking around snapping whatever turns up.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:23 AM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I sent them a batch with some 50 images and only 3 were accepted (including these two).

I've just received the most positive rejection I could have hoped for from A.  They have told me that the images I created especially for the submission were suitable, but that they need to find the whole of the submitted portfolio suitable, not just part of it.

I have tons of ideas and material for concepts and now have the confidence to go ahead and create afresh the whole submission.

For anyone who is interested they have referred me to these cover art + design boards on Pinterest

https://www.pinterest.es/arcangelimages/cover-art-design/

22 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Microstock needs to be sharp no noise, whereas football needs to catch the goals even if they are horribly out of focus (as far as I am concerned lol) and noise does not matter one iota.

Actually, only Shutterstock is obsessed with noise in the microstock world. Pretty much everyone else is okay with a bit of noise and minor focus issues in your images. I've had zero rejections for noise/focus elsewhere.

But yeah, you're right about strategising differently for different agencies.

Delighted to say that I have just been accepted by Arcangel

For anyone keen to go along this road, I suggest putting a lot of effort in.  This is my third attempt.  On the first I just sent links to images already online on microstock sites; the second attempt I made more effort in that I incorporated a few 'custom made' images; my third attempt I put a lot of effort in.  All custom made and including 'models' (family).

Good luck to anyone still trying.

🙂

@Alexandre Rotenberg I think I may be being particularly dense but I can't find on your site where to give a donation (even though I have done this before, doh)?  Thank you again both for your website and for the helpful information you have given contributors over the years on this forum.

🥂

17 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Congratulations!

Let us know about your future sales too.

Thank you. LOL. Possible future sales 😊 But if I do sell anything I will report back.

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

For anyone keen to go along this road, I suggest putting a lot of effort in.  This is my third attempt.  On the first I just sent links to images already online on microstock sites; the second attempt I made more effort in that I incorporated a few 'custom made' images; my third attempt I put a lot of effort in.  All custom made and including 'models' (family).

🙂

@Alexandre Rotenberg I think I may be being particularly dense but I can't find on your site where to give a donation (even though I have done this before, doh)?  Thank you again both for your website and for the helpful information you have given contributors over the years on this forum.

🥂

Third time’s a charm! 🥳
Well done 👍👏

4 minutes ago, chyworks said:

Third time’s a charm! 🥳
Well done 👍👏

Thank you. Similar to the expression I know 'third time lucky '..

3 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Congratulations! 

Now the hard part begins, you have to repeat what you did to get in on a monthly basis

8 minutes ago, Rudy Umans said:

Congratulations! 

Now the hard part begins, you have to repeat what you did to get in on a monthly basis

Thank you.

Do I? I didn't know that 🤔 So I need to contribute every month?

1 minute ago, Studio 2 said:

Thank you.

Do I? I didn't know that 🤔 So I need to contribute every month?

Maybe I should have said "on a regular basis". 

5 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Congrats! Hope it brings you some high value sales.

I have just about given up. There's no way I can get "models" because no one I know will ever agree to be one. And I'm the laziest person alive.

6 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

Congrats! Hope it brings you some high value sales.

I have just about given up. There's no way I can get "models" because no one I know will ever agree to be one.

Thank you. Try bribery. These were children so fairly easily bribed..also if you have any vintage objects/photos dating back to the British Raj or WWII.  All the best if you apply again.

5 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

🙂

🥂

Great Job, well done!

Alexandre site is https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/

Or, you may donate directly a huge amount to his paypal at ACKAB.PHOTOGRAPHY at gmail.com. Also, always beware of scammers in this forum.

3 minutes ago, Ackab Photography said:

Great Job, well done!

Alexandre site is https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/

Or, you may donate directly a huge amount to his paypal at ACKAB.PHOTOGRAPHY at gmail.com. Also, always beware of scammers in this forum.

Thank you.  I just donated $1,000 to ackab.photography@gmail.com.  I hope that is the correct address 🙂

6 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Very cool, congrats!

2 hours ago, Studio 2 said:

Thank you.  I just donated $1,000 to ackab.photography@gmail.com.  I hope that is the correct address 🙂

He was joking, that’s not my donation address (I think you know but just in case lol)

Thanks! It’s at the top of my latest earnings report. https://brutallyhonestmicrostock.com/2020/09/30/september-2020-brutally-honest-earnings-report/

Congrats on being accepted! Was out all day shooting in Lisbon today and got a cool new batch I’ll put towards Trevillion (second time lucky!)

On 10/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, Studio 2 said:

Congratulations! Now the hard part of preparing fresh images and getting them accepted!

So far, I have submitted 20 images, 7 have been accepted (all photos of my only models...the kids), 6 rejected (including ones from my application!) and 9 are awaiting review.

I am now trying to think about book covers when out shooting, and will try them at Arcangel first, before chucking onto the stock sites when rejected!