Sign in to follow this  
Belafacce

Approval of photos with drone at night

Hello friends! Any possibility of taking photos at night with a Mavic Air drone and the photos are approved?

Which configuration would be accepted?

It's possible, though you'll have to do a lot of noise removal in post-processing. The tough part with Mavic Air night shots is that getting enough light means ramping up quite a bit of noise. This makes it a bit tricky to have a balanced approach to noise removal that doesn't leave you with either the "focus" rejection or "noise" rejection (or both). 

3 hours ago, SnapASkyline said:

É possível, mas você terá que fazer muita remoção de ruído no pós-processamento. A parte difícil com as fotos noturnas do Mavic Air é que obter luz suficiente significa aumentar um pouco o ruído. Isso torna um pouco complicado ter uma abordagem equilibrada para a remoção de ruído que não o deixe com a rejeição de "foco" ou a rejeição de "ruído" (ou ambas). 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, SnapASkyline said:

É possível, mas você terá que fazer muita remoção de ruído no pós-processamento. A parte difícil com as fotos noturnas do Mavic Air é que obter luz suficiente significa aumentar um pouco o ruído. Isso torna um pouco complicado ter uma abordagem equilibrada para a remoção de ruído que não o deixe com a rejeição de "foco" ou a rejeição de "ruído" (ou ambas). 

Hello! Could you tell which model you use?

On 8/8/2020 at 10:45 PM, Belafacce said:

Hello friends! Any possibility of taking photos at night with a Mavic Air drone and the photos are approved?

Which configuration would be accepted?

I know your question is more a technical related. But: I don't know how it is in your country, but here in Australia my basic commercial drone license doesn't allow me any flights between sunset and sunrise. And I rather stick to it, because the penalties are pretty painful. The proper license would cost me almost A$5.000.

Rob