B Norris

Critique wanted, keep getting rejected photos

I'm afraid your competition is too great for what you're producing. I don't shoot wildlife, so someone with more experience on this my add. But from a purely technical point of view you'll need better lighting and probably better gear to zoom in for tack focus on eyes and perhaps even defocus background if that's your artistic choice.

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/deer?image_type=photo

In the uncropped image there's a small shrub that's out of focus in the foreground. That's usually enough to be automatically disqualified these days. 

Tonnes of noise and even the uncropped version is pretty soft. The cropped one is sort of a mess.

The first deer is also really underexposed compared to the background. Your eye tends to be drawn to the bright parts of the image. Seems to be a blue cast (probably from the sky) on it as well.

Hope you don't mind, I played a bit with it (30 seconds in photoshop). Not awesone, looks a bit too HDR but just trying to illustrate the point. Honestly, the deer could still use a bit of brightening.

If it was sharp and had less noise, I think this would have a better chance:

11195635_20200804-EOS5DMarkIV_7937.jpg.60c843d59ed798a48fa909d3a6e83235.jpg

Yes ISO was high but it was very early morning and very low light, shooting with Canon 5D Mark IV, a full frame, I can usually get by with it but I always try to keep it low 100-400 range. I think my main issue was trying to crop to tight on the image in processing for a close up view and also not a real sharp shot. Thanks for your input.

My advice would be, don't crop, reduce noise and export in a lower resolution (6 to 8 mp). It might go through.

I've had quite a few ISO 3200 images accepted. This, for instance...

kumbakonam-tamil-nadu-india-february-600

Wildlife photography is not easy, competition is hard and its not very demanded. You'll have to improve the quality of your wildlife pics to have consistent sales.