What's your average monthly income here?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This topic is taboo but since I disclose anyway I don't care.  My average month on here is about $330 (and dropping fast) on just over 10,000 images and 1,000 clips.  

You are absolutely correct that that kind of mentoring and help from someone who is already successful is priceless.  I have a 4.5 hour training video that explains my entire strategy and workflow in

A bit more than $400 in average here. 1250 images - no videos. But the new revenue structure is pushing the average down. 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I've made an application to Arcangel Alex and donated $10 to yourself via your website.  A small amount I know but will hopefully cover a couple of beers wherever you live.  You have helped a lot of people over the years. Cheers 🍻

Thanks and best of luck with your application! 🍻

Now I’ll have nightmares in my sleep after looking through your freaky dolls collection lol I’ll use the $ to pay for the upcoming therapy!

Yeah, Alex and Steve are my go to people for microstock tips and stats (bought both the books they wrote). Easily the most useful content for MS. 

I did follow up on Alex's suggestion for the book cover thing but got rejected by Arcangel twice 😕

Maybe I just don't have the images they're looking for or I'm not submitting the right images.

All the best, Deb, hope you get approved!

15 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Thank you for the good wishes both. I just inserted links to 4 of my Sstock sets in the application. If I get the expected rejection then I may try again with the sending 20 images option.  @balajisrinivasan that surprised me regarding your application 😐

Haven't tried the 20 images thing yet. Will probably do that once I've seen a few hundred book covers and figure out what sells. Oddly enough, even though I read a couple of books every week, I have no idea what the covers look like.

6 hours ago, balajisrinivasan said:

I did follow up on Alex's suggestion for the book cover thing but got rejected by Arcangel twice 😕

Maybe I just don't have the images they're looking for or I'm not submitting the right images.

All the best, Deb, hope you get approved!

You have to forget about travel and microstock photography and go back to the basics of artistic photography.

They are really looking for fine art photos with strong metaphors and heavy uses of suggestions. Have to work hard to bring those out include working with shadows, contrasting colours, interesting models and weird perspectives. Oh and no such thing as not enough copy space. Basically the stuff that has no place in microstock, very little cross-over.

Shot this one today in front of a church with some fun shadows and uploaded speculatively. Let's see if it will be accepted!

AA book cover.JPG

2 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

You have to forget about travel and microstock photography and go back to the basics of artistic photography.

They are really looking for fine art photos with strong metaphors and heavy uses of suggestions. Have to work hard to bring those out include working with shadows, contrasting colours, interesting models and weird perspectives. Oh and no such thing as not enough copy space. Basically the stuff that has no place in microstock, very little cross-over.

Shot this one today in front of a church with some fun shadows and uploaded speculatively. Let's see if it will be accepted!

AA book cover.JPG

Ah ha! El gato negro! 🙂 Ineligible for stock @ 3Mp from Nikon D990...Nerja Costa del Sol.

Monthly income relatively steady until June 2020 @ +/- $100/month with 900 images. July ...$75.00 and if it dips below $50, I'm out! Best ever..Nov 2014......$450 with 500 images. Just so's you know the good times were really GOOD!

NickPic011 2020-08-08, 03_07_51.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 7:15 AM, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

What's your average monthly income here?

A lot less than I had hoped when I started.  It's settled in to about $120/mo on just under 12,000 images only.  In spite of less than half those images at AS, income there is better than here.

On 8/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

This topic is taboo but since I disclose anyway I don't care. 

My average month on here is about $330 (and dropping fast) on just over 10,000 images and 1,000 clips.  

Alexandre great writing, useful and motivating info on your Blog. Will have a serious look at the books covers thing. Also, love your photos, quite inspiring.

Btw just sent you 10$ for a couple of coffee cups (or a beer).

5 minutes ago, Ackab Photography said:

Alexandre great writing, useful and motivating info on your Blog. Will have a serious look at the books covers thing. Also, love your photos, quite inspiring.

Btw just sent you 10$ for a couple of coffee cups (or a beer).

Great idea from @Studio 2 and the information on your website @Alexandre Rotenberg is very useful.You seem to be ahead of the game. I wish I bought your book a year ago, but I did so this morning 😉 

Anyone else interested in buying Alexandre’s book or donate can just google his name and his website is the second one, right after his SS portfolio 😉  

17 hours ago, engagestock said:

It varies - The least ive made is close to $300 and the most around $1000 ... 272 images and +250 videos or so -- on average i may say around $500 a month

Great numbers, and great images - you clearly have a talent for this stock thing.

2 hours ago, Milo J said:

Great numbers, and great images - you clearly have a talent for this stock thing.

Hi Milo, thanks. I was lucky enough to be introduced to microstock 3 years ago by someone who has been highly succesfull in the industy ( still makes more than 100k usd a year with his portfolio) and he though me the way and workflow he approaches it .. and im very gratefull for that. Learning a business the right way is priceless.

4 hours ago, engagestock said:

Hi Milo, thanks. I was lucky enough to be introduced to microstock 3 years ago by someone who has been highly succesfull in the industy ( still makes more than 100k usd a year with his portfolio) and he though me the way and workflow he approaches it .. and im very gratefull for that. Learning a business the right way is priceless.

You are absolutely correct that that kind of mentoring and help from someone who is already successful is priceless.  I have a 4.5 hour training video that explains my entire strategy and workflow in minute detail, but people here scoff at the idea of investing a little money to learn how to make money.  I'm making $35K per year while many of them are lucky to make a few hundred a month, yet they say I have nothing to teach that they don't already know.  Then why am I successful and they are not?  I'll bet a lot of these people spent tens of thousands of dollars on college tutition, but won't spend a few bucks on specialized one-on-one training that can be put into use the very same day.  That is the kind of short-sighted mindset that holds people back.  It's true I'm not making a $100K per year from stock, but that's only because I don't put much effort into it.  Stock is just for fun and pocket money for me.

2 hours ago, Doug Jensen said:

You are absolutely correct that that kind of mentoring and help from someone who is already successful is priceless.  I have a 4.5 hour training video that explains my entire strategy and workflow in minute detail, but people here scoff at the idea of investing a little money to learn how to make money.  I'm making $35K per year while many of them are lucky to make a few hundred a month, yet they say I have nothing to teach that they don't already know.  Then why am I successful and they are not?  I'll bet a lot of these people spent tens of thousands of dollars on college tutition, but won't spend a few bucks on specialized one-on-one training that can be put into use the very same day.  That is the kind of short-sighted mindset that holds people back.  It's true I'm not making a $100K per year from stock, but that's only because I don't put much effort into it.  Stock is just for fun and pocket money for me.

I personally purchased your course a couple of months ago on Vimeo. And 80% of the things you teach were the things my friend thought me. so it seems that There is such a thing as "doing stuff the right way" - the extra 20% were things new to me and i found them very valuable ... so that i introduced them into my workflow. Also i can tell you invested a good ammount of effort and time into the production of the course and you have a very clear and friendly way of teaching. I can recommend it without hesitation to any one looking to make money with video ...  i really liked it. Thanks Doug!