Sign in to follow this  
Heide Pinkall

why???

grafik.thumb.png.9e79664bbd991ed7f0f56be622c58b3d.png

I really don't understand this...

Any thoughts?

My keywords have been:
information; beautiful; historical; vintage; childhood; toys; play; game; history; copy space; detail; exterior; bright; colorful; wooden; female; face; toy museum; tourist; doll; sign; entrance; wall; green; red; door; smile; view; famous; traditional; urban; town; europe; street; outdoor; tourism; city; travel; building; old; house; architecture

Thanks in advance.

ShutterStock has some off the wall restrictions. I took photos of some displays along the embarcadero in San Francisco and they were tagged as non-license content even though they were editorial because any forms of art from San Francisco is not accepted into the shutterstock database. So I'm guessing it has something to do with the statue but you'd have to check all the content restrictions to be sure and that's a lot to sort through. I only found out why my editorial images with murals way in the background were rejected a few years back because i bugged someone in the admin and they found out for me. ShutterStock has a lot of rules that make it hard to submit some content.

well, after I have tried it several times it finally got accepted - like a different photo of a Jumping Jack figure on the same building. Obviously it was a problem that both figures were painted... Some reviewers reject everything that could remotely look like graffiti (even if it is none)...
It's very frustrating...
Both photos have been accepted immediately at DT - unfortunately I've never sold anything there... 😞

Now... what is THIS???

Approved and a little bit later disapproved (there must have been an older version in the system that I thought I had deleted before review...)...
Result: The picture is not in my port 😞

grafik.thumb.png.9caefbceb6d4ad8410f8c01fe27a31f4.pngNow... what is THIS???

On 8/7/2020 at 12:00 PM, Heide Pinkall said:

I tried it again - and again "non licensable content" 😞

I've had a broad landscape of a city rejected for names on the buildings. Fine I removed the lettering. But as editorial, that should have covered your images. Just a guess, but, has there been a change in what kind of Editorial is acceptable, without notification? Years ago I had some types of images accepted, and then one week, they were no longer acceptable.Months later, the reason and limitations were added to the restrictions.

I have also had illustrations approved and later reviewed and rejected. "accepted in error".

Recent upload of a monument I got the same "no longer accepting..." rejection. I looked and the park is owned by a state, but there's a management Corp. that runs it. But in general SS has tightened up Editorial.