Sign in to follow this  
Nelson Antoine

LGBTQ+ feature in the blog

On 8/6/2020 at 4:54 PM, Nelson Antoine said:

Just got featured in a Shutterstock piece about how the fight for LGBTQ+ rights are happening around the world. I talk about my photo of a group same-sex marriage in Sao Paulo and some facts about Bolsonaro era in Brazil.

https://www.shutterstock.com/blog/fight-for-lgbtq-rights-around-the-world

Coming from the Netherlands, it makes me sad and astonished to see that - again in history - a LGBTQ- rights movement is necessary in 2020.. 😳 It feels as if the world has taken a step back in evolving. The first ‘gay rights’ protests started in the 70’s, so 50 years ago..😔

I wish for a world without prejudice, without judgement, and equality for all human beings, no matter what skin colour, sexual preference, gender, etc. 

Keep up with your valuable work and congratulations on your feature in the blog ! 👍

I agree @Repelsteeltje

I like your new name but in my head it's 'Rumpelstiltskin' 🙂 Just tried to find the meaning but it's all double-Dutch ... As 'Rumpelstiltskin' actually comes up too when I Google your new name does that mean it's the same thing?

19 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I agree @Repelsteeltje

I like your new name but in my head it's 'Rumpelstiltskin' 🙂 Just tried to find the meaning but it's all double-Dutch ... As 'Rumpelstiltskin' actually comes up too when I Google your new name does that mean it's the same thing?

It is the Dutch name for Rumpelstiltskin 😄  I was inspired by the series ‘Once upon a time’ and I think Robert Carlyle - Mr. Gold- Rumpelstiltskin - did an amazing job with his character. Big fan !  I love fairy tales.

When I was a child, I often  listened to a record with fairy tales. One of them was ‘Repelsteeltje’, and after watching the series it reminded me of ‘Repelsteeltje’ - I can even remember what ‘Repelsteeltje’ sounded like on the record - squeeky voice - apparantly I was impressed as it’s still in my head 😄