Sign in to follow this  
engagestock

August Sales

It is depressing, very sad. But ... I got a coffe yesterday! :) Well, to $0.10 sale I had to add $0.35 to get one from our machine. I am thankful to buyer, do not get me wrong.

It's funny, I earn more with couple of 100s of clips on other subs model, than here with massive 9K clips. Strange world! Just hope this corona ... evil will end soon. Everything else has already been told dozens of times (structures, model of earnings, decreased income,...)

I am fairly new here and all of my sales have been subs so far which I suppose is normal. But for those of you who have been around longer, what would you say the percentage is for sub sales versus other? 100 subs for every 1 other or? Just wondering how common they are.

23 minutes ago, Kelly Ermis said:

I am fairly new here and all of my sales have been subs so far which I suppose is normal. But for those of you who have been around longer, what would you say the percentage is for sub sales versus other? 100 subs for every 1 other or? Just wondering how common they are.

Since June 2020 88,7% subscriptions.

2 hours ago, Kelly Ermis said:

I have only been here for 4 months, but I have had 119 DLs, 12 of which have been non-subs (includes 1 enhanced $17 this month)

So a similar % to Wilm

It is not only the percentage of subscriptions. It is not better elsewhere. But there is a financial difference.
In addition, one is US dollars and the other euros. You have to multiply the right numbers by the factor x 1.18.

Vergleich.jpg

7 hours ago, Shirley Cronin said:

I have only been here for 4 months, but I have had 119 DLs, 12 of which have been non-subs (includes 1 enhanced $17 this month)

So a similar % to Wilm

You have a "quality port" (so does Wilm!). That makes a difference.

As we are approaching the end of the month i must say im impressed i managed to have a better august than last year and even went above the monthly average moneywise. I had a SOD image for 75 dollars and after the 15th my videos starting selling again for really good prices so i gues it was a thing of luck. Most of the sales where 0.10 subs (images) and had a few 0.43 video sales but as long as the money number at the end of the month is good i dont mind. After not uploading anything since june, i made 2 shoots in august and im uploading them this weekend... as always focusing on video.

5 hours ago, Charles Lewis said:

The week 'woke up' overnight. Right now, I'm ahead of August 2019 in downloads, dollars and RPD.

Need to start figuring out this video thing.

I'm not a video guy (just don't seem to have it in me and I'm old) but judging by some of the comments here and some of the minimal payments, I'm sort of glad I didn't make the investment in time and money even if I had been able (brainwise). Like a lot of things, if you got in early (4 years ago), you probably made a lot of dough but now.....?????

5 minutes ago, stevemart said:

I'm not a video guy (just don't seem to have it in me and I'm old) but judging by some of the comments here and some of the minimal payments, I'm sort of glad I didn't make the investment in time and money even if I had been able (brainwise). Like a lot of things, if you got in early (4 years ago), you probably made a lot of dough but now.....?????

I know. I tend to shoot what I see and what catches my eye and I think video might need some more work than that. But I'd like to prove to myself that I can do it even if I find it doesn't interest me that much.

15 minutes ago, trucic said:

Sales totally stopped yesterday and today... please SS, check if something is wrong...?!

My sales seem to come in 'clumps' and I wonder if reporting isn't dependent on when servers in different places update and synchronize.

2 hours ago, oleschwander said:

Mine too. Most of the day there are no sales and then in matter of hours all the sale comes in ...?! Very strange it's not spread over the day ...

Probably has to do with time zones and where the majority of your buyers are at?

I'm having my best month for around 1.5 years but that's down to 2 SODs totaling $100. DLs are around the same as other months this year but without the big SODs those 10&teen cent sales amount to b*gger all.

We should all start feeding the agencies who care and pay fairly their contributors if we want to earn a fair amount for our work, so maybe stop feeding the greedy ones. If contributors would go away the buyers will follow.

Like a lot of you I was "ticked off" when SS reduced the payment structure and I discontinued uploading to SS.  June was the worst earnings month I've had in many many years and I assumed all future months would be similar,  Then came July and thanks to 3 large SOD I had the best month I've had in over a year with an RPD of $1.53.  I assumed this was an anomaly and expected August would resort back to June's numbers.  While it hasn't been great. it's close to my typical earnings with an an RPD just under my Lifetime earnings RPD of .86.  While I don't expect future monthly earnings to be this good, I have to admit that the possibility of receiving large SODs and ELs is a factor that should be considered when looking at the payment structures of various agencies. 

I haven't change my mind about uploading to SS but I can't rule that out that possibility, if my RPD stays at a reasonable level.  I know this will be unpopular, but . . .    

1 hour ago, Steve Bower said:

Like a lot of you I was "ticked off" when SS reduced the payment structure and I discontinued uploading to SS.  June was the worst earnings month I've had in many many years and I assumed all future months would be similar,  Then came July and thanks to 3 large SOD I had the best month I've had in over a year with an RPD of $1.53.  I assumed this was an anomaly and expected August would resort back to June's numbers.  While it hasn't been great. it's close to my typical earnings with an an RPD just under my Lifetime earnings RPD of .86.  While I don't expect future monthly earnings to be this good, I have to admit that the possibility of receiving large SODs and ELs is a factor that should be considered when looking at the payment structures of various agencies. 

I haven't change my mind about uploading to SS but I can't rule that out that possibility, if my RPD stays at a reasonable level.  I know this will be unpopular, but . . .    

I have to report the opposite, Steve.

In general I have to say that August is one of my worst microstock months for years.

But this August is my second worst month since I joined shutterstock. My first month here, November 2010, was even worse. But I wasn't accepted until November 10, 2020. If I calculate that I would have been accepted on November 1st, even this first month would have been much better. At that time, with a tenth of the images and the lowest compensation of $0.25/sub and $1.88/OD, I earned a touch less in only 20 days than I did this August with level 5 in 28 days.

So far in August I have only 11 SODs. The highest of these was $8.20. There were also only 25 ODs and no Enhanced. So the month would have been miserable even with the old revenue structure. But it would have been much better than with the new revenue structure. Compared to my best months here I have lost 75%.

My RPD in August here is $0,49. At AS it is $1,47. Three times as much. My average RPD here used to be $0,72, at AS it is $1,30.