Sign in to follow this  
engagestock

August Sales

3 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

What I made yesterday (in one day) on AS: $94.48

Seems like it is better for you to stick with AS.

I have about 270 videos on AS (All motion graphics), but I sold only 1 video sale. I started about 6 months back.

You have a good portfolio.

It seems like it needs about 3000+ videos to get some regular sales on AS, right?

It will take long time for a new contributor 😕 But it is okay if they continue the payments and percentages fixed.

But who knows if AS too become like SS in future.  There is a risk. Because of that, I don't get much motivation to stick with stock sites for years and years. Because see what SS done to us. I was only reaching 1st tier of $500 (earned 480), when SS change the earning structure.  So disappointed.

No sales in August for me on SS since I disabled my ports here. Sales on other sites have been a rare thing. Though by a stroke of good luck, I just made a $20.88 video sale on P5. That same clip has now sold five times on P5 (in addition to extra licenses paid by previous buyers.) 

Out of curiosity, would anyone know what the time period is after a file is deleted from your port when it's completely out of the SS system? In other words - when it can no longer be purchased? Ive heard that after you disable your port, SS can still sell your files for up to 90 days after the fact. Though would this time period be shorter in the case of deleted files?

Regarding the video sale I mentioned above on P5, I also had the same clip in my SS port. Though I had deleted it along with some other clips with the intention of making them exclusive on P5. I then disabled my SS ports afterwards. If I had made these clips exclusive on P5 already, I would have received a higher commission for this recent sale. Though honestly, I don't know if they can still be purchased through SS. I deleted these clips around about the beginning of the month.

Annie, it's really disgraceful receiving those kinds of figures for video sales here. My lowest on SS was about $7 for a video not long before I disabled my ports. Yea I know it could have been worse. Times are really changing.

Ive performed a search for the same clip on SS just now. I used different combinations of keywords that were in my original metadata and the video cannot be found. So I guess it's well and truly out of the system. Well gosh I could have made a nice fat commission from P5. Oh well I'm still happy that I got a sale. I'll start moving those clips to my exclusive account at P5. 

Annie, I'm surprised your sales are down so far. You've always done so well here. Sorry to hear that :(  I guess my editorials help me since I covered all the political events. I've had several SOD's on those and civil unrest imagery that have kept my earnings on par with last year slightly above most months so far. So I guess next year when they push us off the cliff in January I'll see how my sales really pan out here.

4 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

Are you still uploading to SS, Sheila?  Maybe that's the difference. 

Yes, I'm still uploading, but not at the volume I was before. Just not as many editorial events to cover. I'm riding it out til the end of the year to see how things go. As mentioned before, so far the over all totals are not terrible compared to last year. January was a fluke (wish that was the new trend) but the rest is on par with last year usually 20-30% higher.

57 minutes ago, Milleflore Images said:

Are you still uploading to SS, Sheila?  Maybe that's the difference. 

I stopped back in end of May. I can't support them with new uploads and fresh stock.

Hello, Annie,

it's frightening to see Corona causing such severe break-ins for you as well.
It's frustrating to see that even a previously enthusiastic, committed and successful contributor like you is no longer uploading anything to shutterstock.

If I had a say in the company, I would worry about whether my approach is the right one. Not just because of you, of course. But precisely because people like you have formed the foundation - the foundation for a strong, market-leading company - so far, at least.

Of course it is a difficult time for all of us, including shutterstock. But the path shuttersock has taken will not have a good end for all concerned - that much is certain. Shutterstock chose this path because the upper management didn't care what happened at the contributors. But this is a one-way street through which the company must also pass. And the chosen path will take a bitter revenge. Unmotivated "employees" are the death of any company.

Here are my figures. We are very close. It's a disaster. Concerning downloads and concerning income!

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-19 um 23.47.24.png

I have to say about AS that the volume might be less than SS but almost all my recent sales have been for GBP 0.74 which is around $1.00 which is 10X more than the subs here which really pi**es me off. Now, reading Annie, I'm glad I didn't make the move to video here.........not my thing anyway but SS is really screwing the footage people with their new pricing....unless, it seems, your're Doug. 

8 hours ago, Milleflore Images said:

This is giving buyers the wrong perception of the value of producing video.

Agree, but I have had the perception that the prices were not lowered for buyers - that only the contributors is giving away for almost free ..?

It's better now, had few big sales in short period of time so I'm few cents short of my average before the changes and there is still 10 days to go. On the other hand, I have terrible month on AS so this could be my first month this year that my SS income is actually higher than AS income.

3 minutes ago, Steven Tritton said:

And just like our earnings... POOF! Some posts disappear! 

Woah well spotted! There's some serious censorship going on here. It seems that some people upstairs want to hide the truth. 

Well, after a slow start to the month, I'm more or less on track for downloads.For dollars, I'm around 7% ahead of where I would have been under the old system. So here is hoping for a strong end to the month.

5 hours ago, Steve Collender said:

Sold 2 today, one for .14 and one for .10 all most made the same as one down load 13 years ago, Woo Hoo.

Congrats Steve : )! Nice numbers. My downloads are about at 60% of the last few already slow months and money-wise less than 1/2. Quite discouraging. But even worse at AD and DT. Almost zero there. The only site that has decent action for me us iS. And it is surprisingly strong. go figure! It's like a quiet sleeper agent : ). Just plugging away quietly in the background. Could be one of the gainers from the "upload revolt" at SS?

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

I had two subs totaling 22 cents today!

At this rate I'll have to open another bank account! 

Let us wait a few days and this Aug will end. Just having a hope Sept will be better! A hope ... :)