Sign in to follow this  
engagestock

August Sales

This August is on track to become my worst month since I don't even know when. Unfortunately, I'm not surprised. The combo of summer vacation time plus Covid-19 / world recession doesn't exactly make for stellar market conditions...

On 8/11/2020 at 5:21 PM, balajisrinivasan said:

By far the slowest month this year. I mean, I have more sales on IS for godsakes. Wonder if something's up.

The same here. My July wasn't exactly stellar, but if it continues this way, August will be maybe half of July. Absolutely terrible. Actually it occured to me that if SS "watches" this forum and somehow detects those who are not exactly big fans of the company since the horrific June cut to us and also voice their displeasure, maybe the algorithm punishes them by dropping their otherwise previously well/reasonably selling photos in the search ranking? It feels like my port has been switched off (and it was not done by me, though still contemplating it). 

12 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

Actually it occured to me that if SS "watches" this forum and somehow detects those who are not exactly big fans of the company since the horrific June cut to us and also voice their displeasure, maybe the algorithm punishes them by dropping their otherwise previously well/reasonably selling photos in the search ranking? It feels like my port has been switched off (and it was not done by me, though still contemplating it). 

If that's the case, I don't know whether to feel happy or sad. Because like I said in another post, I have over 150 downloads and haven't made even 30 dollars yet. If I'm earning so little from so many sales, it's better if my port is switched off and these sales don't happen at all.

4 hours ago, balajisrinivasan said:

If that's the case, I don't know whether to feel happy or sad. Because like I said in another post, I have over 150 downloads and haven't made even 30 dollars yet. If I'm earning so little from so many sales, it's better if my port is switched off and these sales don't happen at all.

I know. It's just infuriating to see those 10, 12, 13 cents! 

On 8/8/2020 at 11:54 AM, reindo said:

Hi Guys, 
is it allowed to create a "buyer-account" and use the 10 pics- free trail and buy your own pictures? I wanna push my account to the next earning-Level

Just let me know if its allowed!

Thanks!

Don't do it. Even if your friend buys your photo and SS somehow finds out, apparently they can suspend or terminate your account. Unless that's what you are trying to achieve. There are threads about this subject.

1 hour ago, CherylRamalho said:

August is a disaster for me. 99 downloads and not even $30 at Level 4, almost halfway through the month. Not sure what adjective to use...

284640295_ScreenShot2020-08-14at9_48_38PM.thumb.png.a99bfac667780cbf31096dee36cfd231.png

You are one of the lucky ones. I see 15, 16, even 17 cents there too. that's a 50, 60, 70 % raise : )! I got 5 downloads yesterday for the grand total of 53 cents. Ouch. This site is absolutely doomed. Give it 3-4 months and it will be a race to the bottom. Not just for contributors, but for the company as a whole. No sensible person will contribute any more. And rightly so. Why would we? What's the point?

And just like that, what was on road to be my worst month ever suddenly picked to go above average as today. Suddenly after the 14 things starting moving ... i sold an image for +$70 and today i have sold so far 3 times the same clip .. different locations in the map, once for +$60 usd and twice for +$20 .. and also another clip for a total of $117 so far ... as i mentioned before, as long as you are in the video thing, i think is worth it to keep uploading.. it happens everymonth somehow.. hope it helps.

image.thumb.png.1c16ecc8a9c9823e8a577eee66cd2564.png

Not too bad. Had quite a few On Demands in the $3-$5 range and an $8 Single & Other, so looking better than last month. Still down from where I used to be and still getting mostly .10 to .13 cent sales.

What I made yesterday (in one day) on AS: $94.48

In the past 48 hours I had 4 video sales on SS and received 51 cents each for them. Yesterday I had one video sale on AS and received $88 for it. Plus its a new one (uploaded after I stopped uploading to SS), and one that SS doesn't have. 

Last month I had 70 video sales on SS, the majority of which were under $1. Below is an example of just one day.

This is the difference between the two agencies. 

ASSales18Aug20.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg