Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very, very slow. AS as well. I think everyone is on vacation.

This site was the best, even with zillions of photos to compete, not anymore. It's gone to hell. getting 0.10 cents for a photo, not worth the pain. They are screwing all of us guys, this sucks!!

And just like that, what was on road to be my worst month ever suddenly picked to go above average as today. Suddenly after the 14 things starting moving ... i sold an image for +$70 and today i have

Posted Images

Wrap up the end of the week to 8 August using Heide's good format:

  • 1st August: 0
  • 2nd August: 1 sub
  • 3rd August: 0
  • 4th August: 1 sub
  • 5th August: 5 subs, 1 S&O
  • 6th August: 1 sub, 2 ODs
  • 7th August: 2 subs, 1 x clip packs
  • 8th August: 1 sub, 2 ODs

The total is $39.10 which is starting to look like a normal month after a very slow start.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 2:16 PM, Sybille Reuter said:

My July was horrible (maybe due to not uploading except the protest pics in June?) but August is starting great, reached payout by the third - not normal for me at all :)

I am noticing you have many travel related stills. and I assumed that those wouldn't/don't sell during the Covid. can I ask what genre did the trick for you this early in August to reach payout? or was it just one lucky sale? not trying to get "trade secrets" out of you!! only if you are comfortable answering. just curious if travel photos are slowly picking up? Tx. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

There's a significant chance I won't reach $100 for a payout this month. Worrying! 

You're not serious, are you, Alex?

I have to say, though:
If it continues like this, as it did in the first week of August, it will be my worst month ever at shutterstock concerning income.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

There's a significant chance I won't reach $100 for a payout this month. Worrying! 

Same situation for me at the moment. But I have found that every time things look this bleak and worrisome, suddenly some nice big sales will come in and save the day. So hang on. Plenty of time left in the month. (Ever the optimist, aren't I?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just made 3 sales to the same customer of three aerial photos at 10c each, have just deleted all of my aerial photos from this site. I don't like to be insulted and if I left the Aerials here it would undercut my sales of the same photos on other sites that still pay a decent commission.

Haven't uploaded any new photo content since June, it just isn't worth my effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites

July was an excellent month for me, one of my best. I had 66 sales on SS at an average $0.43/image, despite the change in fee structure. Given that I have only uploaded 600 images, that is not bad. My sales on AS and DT were better than average and I even had a rare sale on AL, which is always nice given how much they pay.

August has started out terribly. Eight days in and I only have 4 sales on SS for a total of a whole $0.40! AS and DT sales are sporatic as always. I have had another sale on AL though, which was another nice bonus. But SS has gone dead... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wilm Ihlenfeld said:

You're not serious, are you, Alex?

I have to say, though:
If it continues like this, as it did in the first week of August, it will be my worst month ever at shutterstock concerning income.

I’m at $34 right now which is on pace for a pathetic low $100s. Compared to previous years...

August 2019: $345

August 2018: $299 

August 2017: $204

August 2016: $186

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AVM Images said:

Just made 3 sales to the same customer of three aerial photos at 10c each, have just deleted all of my aerial photos from this site. I don't like to be insulted and if I left the Aerials here it would undercut my sales of the same photos on other sites that still pay a decent commission.

Haven't uploaded any new photo content since June, it just isn't worth my effort.

Yes, it is the most irritating to see those 10 cent sales! And as long as those aerials that you deleted sell at the other sites, it's a logical move. In my case though often times what may sell here would never sell at the other sites (and vica versa). So one consideration might be that even by those annoying 10 cent sales the image rises in the search pages and with some luck next time it is downloaded through some different, more reasonable subscription or as a single for a decent price!? Just a thought. But once deleted here and not found (sought for) at the other site, it may become "useless" in a manner of speaking. And i am far from promoting to anyone to post here!! I hate the 10 cents as much as many other contributors here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

I am noticing you have many travel related stills. and I assumed that those wouldn't/don't sell during the Covid. can I ask what genre did the trick for you this early in August to reach payout? or was it just one lucky sale? not trying to get "trade secrets" out of you!! only if you are comfortable answering. just curious if travel photos are slowly picking up? Tx. 

Nah no trade secret involved, it was a couple of lucky sales actually... If it helps you, BLM and finance could be prominent topics in the lucky streak? It's not saying much really, of the lucky ones 2 were sold on their lucky day for 10c too. Doesn't it always look a little absurd seeing the random value of an image? 😄 E.g. I sold that non-smoking sign on Bondi Beach elsewhere for $70+ and for 10c here on the same day... 

Actually I found travel photos have been back for a while now - at least in Europe, we're already doing it again (yeah that's what she said) 

stock-photo-el-golfo-lanzarote-spain-jul

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 5:35 PM, Steven Tritton said:

Wrap up the end of the week to 8 August using Heide's good format:

  • 1st August: 0
  • 2nd August: 1 sub
  • 3rd August: 0
  • 4th August: 1 sub
  • 5th August: 5 subs, 1 S&O
  • 6th August: 1 sub, 2 ODs
  • 7th August: 2 subs, 1 x clip packs
  • 8th August: 1 sub, 2 ODs

The total is $39.10 which is starting to look like a normal month after a very slow start.  

 

 

While I was sitting here just had a $19.63 Cart Sale which was really good considering it is Sunday night here.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Nah no trade secret involved, it was a couple of lucky sales actually... If it helps you, BLM and finance could be prominent topics in the lucky streak? It's not saying much really, of the lucky ones 2 were sold on their lucky day for 10c too. Doesn't it always look a little absurd seeing the random value of an image? 😄 E.g. I sold that non-smoking sign on Bondi Beach elsewhere for $70+ and for 10c here on the same day... 

Actually I found travel photos have been back for a while now - at least in Europe, we're already doing it again (yeah that's what she said) 

stock-photo-el-golfo-lanzarote-spain-jul

Ouch! : ). Lucky buyer of the 10 cent one (with the value of $70!!). A friend of mine sold once an African bird at AL for some €170 and I asked him: you will surely now remove it here at SS and won't offer the "poor" bird for 25 cents, right (it was back in the good old days when we got 25 as a minimum)? But he said: nope. It stays! If somebody wants to buy it for 25 cents, I am all for it. There. Something similar has happened with yours then! Congratulations! My highest ever so far was $48. For a clay roof detail : ). And another of some corrugated metal siding roof detail of a storage building that I "pretended" was a movie studio : ). But I don't feel sorry for those Hollywood folks. Just a tiny bit pretentious key-wording. But it seems  based on your recent sales that travel+Covid and beach+no smoking do the trick. Lucky for you! And please come back to Győr too when you have the time. That town badly needs tourist Dollars too : ). I was there a month ago and hardly any tourists there. I could count them on one hand. Thanx for the info!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

Yes, it is the most irritating to see those 10 cent sales! And as long as those aerials that you deleted sell at the other sites, it's a logical move. In my case though often times what may sell here would never sell at the other sites (and vica versa). So one consideration might be that even by those annoying 10 cent sales the image rises in the search pages and with some luck next time it is downloaded through some different, more reasonable subscription or as a single for a decent price!? Just a thought. But once deleted here and not found (sought for) at the other site, it may become "useless" in a manner of speaking.

My thoughts exactly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

$0.00 ..... :(

My port is out of SS library. Out of sales, out of everything.

Sales here were pretty good, excellent, before this SS management destroyed  them with brilliant ideas and new plans, structure earnings, sub systems and all really brilliant decissions. SS for me is just another corner agency, not worth to upload and work for any more. Very sad!

And, yes, I know: it is not just management fault, it is Corona, summer, my outdated clips, equipment, etc. - I know! Just have slight hope it will be better in time ... :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sybille Reuter said:

Nah no trade secret involved, it was a couple of lucky sales actually... If it helps you, BLM and finance could be prominent topics in the lucky streak? It's not saying much really, of the lucky ones 2 were sold on their lucky day for 10c too. Doesn't it always look a little absurd seeing the random value of an image? 😄 E.g. I sold that non-smoking sign on Bondi Beach elsewhere for $70+ and for 10c here on the same day... 

Actually I found travel photos have been back for a while now - at least in Europe, we're already doing it again (yeah that's what she said) 

stock-photo-el-golfo-lanzarote-spain-jul

What a great image Sybille ..!

Link to post
Share on other sites

August 11: 9 sales with 1 enhanced for 20.89 compared to 9 sales on AS for 7.48
July: 66 sales mostly subscription a couple of On demand  16.40 compared to 20 sales on AS for 16.11
June: 47 sales with 2 enhanced and portfolio closed for a week 38.68 compared to 17 sales on AS for 8.53

I have other microstock sites, FAA and my own website - thankfully I am still employed fulltime, but not sure for how much longer with redundancies coming.

Starting to branch out with video and will work in the more traditional stock photos if I do end up with early retirement as well as more event and family photography. Up until now I have been shooting to please myself.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...