Sign in to follow this  
Tawrat Ferdousi Branding

How to increase vector sell volume

Stop creating generic vector icons, add more originality to your work instead of creating the x millionth 'house icon' vector.

Of course, creating high quality images with 10c sales as a 'reward' is not sustainable long term...

18 minutes ago, ColinCramm said:

Stop creating generic vector icons, add more originality to your work instead of creating the x millionth 'house icon' vector.

Of course, creating high quality images with 10c sales as a 'reward' is not sustainable long term...

How can I provide more originality to my work when it comes to icons?

27 minutes ago, ColinCramm said:

And what should I create to get high volume downloads

10 minutes ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

How can I provide more originality to my work when it comes to icons?

Don't create icons at all. Create things that are in demand, preferably niche subjects.

2 minutes ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

And what should I create to get high volume downloads

That's the million dollar question everybody wants to know the answer to. If I knew that, I'd be a top contributor. All I know is that anything that is easy to make (black and white icon sets for example) and high in supply, doesn't sell. 

4 minutes ago, ColinCramm said:

Don't create icons at all. Create things that are in demand, preferably niche subjects.

Thanks Colin for your comprehensive answer. Can you tell me a bit whats currently on demand in vector category and how to narrow down niche subjects? It would be a lot helpful to me.

22 minutes ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Thanks Colin for your comprehensive answer. Can you tell me a bit whats currently on demand in vector category and how to narrow down niche subjects? It would be a lot helpful to me.

Shutterstock (and many other agencies) regularly publish 'what sells at the moment' articles. I suggest taking a look at these. Take a look at what is currently in demand, follow the news, media, twitter.