Sign in to follow this  
Sybille Reuter

Shortened descriptions...?

I don't know if this is a technical issue, I don't even know if it happened from shutterstock side but - - I've had a few cases lately where my descriptions have been shortened after an approved image went online...? Has anyone experienced this? I'm saying not sure it was on shutterstock's side because of course I can't 100% guarantee I didn't mis-copy-paste lol. But it was a couple of pictures, so it doesn't seem likely it was me... 

8 hours ago, Sybille Reuter said:

I don't know if this is a technical issue, I don't even know if it happened from shutterstock side but - - I've had a few cases lately where my descriptions have been shortened after an approved image went online...? Has anyone experienced this? I'm saying not sure it was on shutterstock's side because of course I can't 100% guarantee I didn't mis-copy-paste lol. But it was a couple of pictures, so it doesn't seem likely it was me... 

Phil had that problem and I don't believe he ever came up with the solution or conclusions. He's gone now.

My only guess was, are you filling in details in the Origin section of your IPTC data. Specifically the Headline section. SS will read headline before Description for some reason?

You aren't the only one, but I don't recall anyone getting an answer from support, or one that was posted here. Considering I'm over 70, I don't remember everything anymore. 🤓

If it was shortened after going online, ignore my answer, that's something different, that happens during intake.

On 8/6/2020 at 7:09 AM, Sybille Reuter said:

Thanks for rummaging in your memory :)

Yeah I expected the "no answer from support" experience... Let's see if it happens again. 

If you haven't been filling the Origin Section of your IPTC data, I'm of no use. 😁

I don't know if Phil Lowe ever got an answer? I come visit here, hot and cold, when I have some time, which means I could have missed that.