I do not understand how it works!

Here is what I wrote to the support:

I fail to understand your new profits commission for contributors.

According to your message, from the 1st. of June this year there is a change.

I was on Level 4 with 30% commission and set back to level 1 with 15%.

After 100 images sold - it will move to level 2.

Well, in June I have sold 161 images, and now in July 133 images.

I do not see ANY change in my commission!!!

Why is that????

Here is the reply:

The amount that you earn from each download is a percentage of the price paid by the customer for that license. The percentage paid to you varies with the earnings level you are in at the time of the purchase, while the purchase price varies depending on the type of plan the customer used to download your content.

I can see that you are currently on level 4 for images and level 1 for videos, you can earn 30% of the sale price for images and 15% for videos licensed from your portfolio.

I wrote again:

I still fail to understand!!!!

In May I use to get $0,38 as the lowest commission - now the lowest is $0,10!!!!!

According to you I am back to level 4 as I used to be - so WHY DO I GET THE LOWER COMMISSION?????????????????

Can anyone here explain to me?

10c is the new minimum based on the subscription model you may still get 10c at the higher levels.

The % is based on what the customer pays, and many of the high subscription packages work out at less than 10c

1 minute ago, Shirley Cronin said:

10c is the new minimum based on the subscription model you may still get 10c at the higher levels.

The % is based on what the customer pays, and many of the high subscription packages work out at less than 10c

But according to SS I am back on level 4?....

33 minutes ago, Ron Zmiri said:

How much do I earn if a customer downloads my content during a “free trial”?

When a customer downloads your image as part of a free trial, your commission is based on your earnings level, as with all other downloads. The price per asset we use to calculate your earning depends on the package or promotion the customer is using, but your commission will not be lower than 10¢.

I am on level three. I have sold fifty photos this month. The last one for $11.25. Most of my others vary from 10c to $.1.25. My average return per download this month is 55c. The large sale is a one off I suspect. Take that out and I'm averaging around 33c per sale this month. My average per photo for June and July is 46 cents. I am only a bit part player and do not rely on SS for income. I have seen some posts where high volume sellers have taken an almighty hit on their income, I would find that very hard to swallow.

1 hour ago, Ron Zmiri said:

If a customer buys a 750 images subscription for $249pm, they are paying 33c per image

Level 1  15% = 4.95c

Level 4   30% = 9.9c

Hence you both still get the minimum of 10c

With the greatest respect Ron, why not look through the forum and read the copious amounts of messages regarding this new payment structure....

27 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

Or check announcements.  This happened back in June 1, Ron--where ya been?

Mike, if you read my post you would probably understand that I had been here from even before June...

11 hours ago, Ron Zmiri said:

I do not understand how it works!

Here is what I wrote to the support:

I fail to understand your new profits commission for contributors.

According to your message, from the 1st. of June this year there is a change.

I was on Level 4 with 30% commission and set back to level 1 with 15%.

After 100 images sold - it will move to level 2.

Well, in June I have sold 161 images, and now in July 133 images.

I do not see ANY change in my commission!!!

Why is that????

Here is the reply:

The amount that you earn from each download is a percentage of the price paid by the customer for that license. The percentage paid to you varies with the earnings level you are in at the time of the purchase, while the purchase price varies depending on the type of plan the customer used to download your content.

I can see that you are currently on level 4 for images and level 1 for videos, you can earn 30% of the sale price for images and 15% for videos licensed from your portfolio.

I wrote again:

I still fail to understand!!!!

In May I use to get $0,38 as the lowest commission - now the lowest is $0,10!!!!!

According to you I am back to level 4 as I used to be - so WHY DO I GET THE LOWER COMMISSION?????????????????

Can anyone here explain to me?

Where you misunderstand the situation is in the levels. Previously, you were at tier 4, but it was a whole different way of getting paid. The subs were paid at a set amount - in your case $0.38. Now you are paid for them at a percentage of the purchase price - with $0.10 being the lowest. Amounts are all over the place, with unfortunately the lower ones dominating. So, you did not "return" to level 4, the entire system has changed.

I used to be tier 3 and got $0.36 per sub sale. Now I'm level 4. Yesterday was a good day, I averaged $0.27 per sub. Today so far sucks, with an average of $0.11. So that's what all the grief and outrage is all about. Even on a good day, we lose. The hope was that the ODDs would make up for the difference, because they have the potential to now be considerably higher than the previous fixed amount. But so far, very few people are breaking even.

Ron obviously missed the charts which clearly show that even at the highest level, you still only get 10 cents for subs sold from those annual pre-paid sub packages.

NickPic004 2020-06-02, 19_20_45.jpg

Perhaps now it the time to ask if any of you think that the almost global protest against the new commission method has any effect and will there be any change in the future?

Don't forget that a number of 'sales' will be part of the 'ten-images free' trial. I assume we are being paid for them but it's never going to be more than 10 cents for those.

I very much doubt that SS will go back on these new rates....after all, senior executives options and bonus packages depend on their ability to squeeze that extra ounce of profit out of somewhere for the stockholders. The easiest 'somewhere' is to take it from is the contributors as the weakest entity.

28 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Don't forget that a number of 'sales' will be part of the 'ten-images free' trial. I assume we are being paid for them but it's never going to be more than 10 cents for those.

I very much doubt that SS will go back on these new rates....after all, senior executives options and bonus packages depend on their ability to squeeze that extra ounce of profit out of somewhere for the stockholders. The easiest 'somewhere' is to take it from is the contributors as the weakest entity.

....and they don't give a s***t that we are the base and the foundation of their business - our images and videos...