Dear Shutterstock contributors,

I am kind of new to Shutterstock. I have only 10 successful uploads to it.
However, for the first time a photo of mine got rejected 8 times because of the title.
I tried many different things, all spelled correctly (im not the best in english but I do my best when I upload, I even check the spelling in google), and nothing worked so far.
Can someone give me an advice. I would appreciate it greatly!

Thanks in advance.

Stamen

588087765_BeautifulmountainplantinBulgaria.thumb.jpg.09ceaa65a29df0dbdc3ebd21eee91fd7.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ackab Photography said:

Posting the rejected title(s) may help us help you. Just saying.

btw, had a photo rejected. Can you guys help me figure out why?

Hi, thank you for the question. Yes my fault I gave none of my titles here.

1. Rila lakes plant between the rock bottom ( this one is bad, I know)
A mountain plant, that grows between the rocks
3. Photo of mountain flower that grows between rocks (decided to try with flower, when it's obviously not a flower)
A plant in the mountain that grew between the rocks
A green plant that blooms in heart of the mountain (stupid one again, there's no bloom)
6. Green mountain plant
7. A plant in the mountain with grass around it
8. Beautiful mountain plant in Bulgaria
9. A green plant between stones

Those are the ones so far.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Try "A green plant growing in between rocks on mount xyz (name of the precise mountain/location here) in Bulgaria illustrates the concept of survival in hostile environments and the resilience of some species in apparently difficult environments. On the rocks concept"

If you could identify the kind of plant this would help a lot, also for sales. Granted, not necessarily an easy task.

1 minute ago, Ackab Photography said:

Try "A green plant growing in between rocks on mount xyz (name of the precise mountain/location here) in Bulgaria illustrates the concept of survival in hostile environments and the resilience of some species in apparently difficult environments. On the rocks concept"

If you could identify the kind of plant this would help a lot, also for sales. Granted, not necessarily an easy task.

I'll try this out now. The name of the plant will be really really hard to find. I'll start searching again, because the last time I couldnt find nothing.
Thank you very much!

1 hour ago, Ackab Photography said:

Posting the rejected title(s) may help us help you. Just saying.

btw, had a photo rejected. Can you guys help me figure out why?

Easy. Similar. Noise. Focus. Grain. 😊

On 7/31/2020 at 4:06 AM, Stamen Kacarov said:

Hi, thank you for the question. Yes my fault I gave none of my titles here.

1. Rila lakes plant between the rock bottom ( this one is bad, I know)
3. Photo of mountain flower that grows between rocks (decided to try with flower, when it's obviously not a flower)
A green plant that blooms in heart of the mountain (stupid one again, there's no bloom)
6. Green mountain plant

Those are the ones so far.
Thanks in advance for the help!

There is nothing wrong with any of these. AI just hates you for some reason. Maybe the first one might have upset the AI because it doesn't know the Rila mountains, but #2,4,6,7 and 9 are perfectly fine.

By the way, looked at your port in the hopes of seeing a pic of the beautiful Rila monastery. Does this still exist? Saw it way back in 1986.

21 hours ago, Milo J said:

There is nothing wrong with any of these. AI just hates you for some reason. Maybe the first one might have upset the AI because it doesn't know the Rila mountains, but #2,4,6,7 and 9 are perfectly fine.

By the way, looked at your port in the hopes of seeing a pic of the beautiful Rila monastery. Does this still exist? Saw it way back in 1986.

Must be a sentence not just a group of keywords or words. AI does not like or hate... 😉

https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/pkb_sstk_core_contributorkb_home?l=en_US&c=ContributorKB%3AContent_Rejection_Reasons

"

• Titles must be complete sentences, not a list of keywords.  Keywords should be added in the keyword section only.
    • For example, using the title “dogs, canine, puppy, puppies in field” to describe an image would be unacceptable. “Puppies playing in a field with blue sky on a summer’s day” would be a more appropriate title.
    "

I'm pretty sure the intake bots are now using an automated grammar checker.

1. Rila lakes plant between the rock bottom
3. Photo of mountain flower that grows between rocks
A green plant that blooms in heart of the mountain
6. Green mountain plant

Also little bit of advise that they point out, use present tense not past tense. So Growing would be best.
Describe what is in the photo:

A green flowering succulent plant, surrounded by grass, growing in a field of moss covered rocks on a hillside.

Don't forget that descriptions are searched just like keywords and buyers can find your images better with an accurate description of what's in the image.
Yes if you can ID it and the Latin name, that's good too, but in keywords is just as good as title/description for that.

Right there's no flower, but it is a flowering succulent, maybe leave the flowering off?

Good luck!