Sign in to follow this  
Studio 2

AI to review confirmed by SP

20 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

That means you put pictures on Shutterstock again?

Definitely not at the same rate as before, or with any enthusiasm. But my bottom line is that I can't pay my bills with outrage (or self respect), and even after the pay cut Shutterstock is still rivaling or beating AS in earnings for me.

1 hour ago, Milo J said:

Definitely not at the same rate as before, or with any enthusiasm. But my bottom line is that I can't pay my bills with outrage (or self respect), and even after the pay cut Shutterstock is still rivaling or beating AS in earnings for me.

For me, the money is not so important and little work to put the new photos on SS after all. But then I reward the stock site with the worst mentality. But now I earn almost nothing on AS and Al so far. And that is also not the intention. 😕

32 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

But now I earn almost nothing on AS and Al so far. And that is also not the intention. 😕

I was on Alamy for a few months (with a small portfolio), didn't sell anything and closed my account. However I have read on this forum that the sales there can be rare but it's worth keeping the portolio live as when they do occur, they are much higher than elsewhere.  So a very different selling model to Sstock but worthwhile in the long term (purportedly).

10 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

I was on Alamy for a few months (with a small portfolio), didn't sell anything and closed my account. However I have read on this forum that the sales there can be rare but it's worth keeping the portolio live as when they do occur, they are much higher than elsewhere.  So a very different selling model to Sstock but worthwhile in the long term (purportedly).

i  hope you are right S2! I normally don't even bother checking my Alamy account for days. no action there (for me), so why bother. besides, I think if they sold something of mine, they would send an e-mail. don't know though, never happened. perhaps one day! when SS realizes that they should reinstate the old payment structure? I won't hold my breath of course. may suffocate!

25 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

Editorial is not allowed on  Adobe, so now I only have 370 photos and earn 0.33
That's why I have more photos (610) on  Alamy, but earned nothing. I know that the earnings per photo are much higher, but I get a bit impatient.
On  SS I downloaded 983 photos and nothing in June and July.
July sold 30 photos - 6.99 June 38 -17.53 May 47 - 21.53 Even with doing nothing I still earn a little.

52 minutes ago, Studio 2 said:

That's true. I have 4 sales on Al this year and they made me more money than the last 4 months combined on SS. It's a long waiting game but ultimately somewhat rewarding.

One thing I don't like about Alamy is that the amount they show on the dashboard as the sale is not actually what you get. I find that a tad confusing / misleading. But still, yes, sales are very slow there but when they happen they happen for nice amounts.

Sorry @Studio 2, we have completely hijacked your thread at this point.

Today I uploaded some macro photos. I notice when the environment is slightly blurred while the insect is sharp on it, the photo is rejected in a few seconds. That sometimes happened during the time that we asked Jeff if they were being reviewed by people. Then they were already experimenting with it. That is clear. It often worked if you uploaded the photos again afterwards. In any case, I do not feel like that for those few cents, while it is already on other stock sites.
For example, this beetle approved on Alamy and Adobe: Phyllopertha horticola

20 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

Except perhaps when Coronavirus threads turn into World War 3 dissertations?

Had I just bent the thread back to the reviewers and then ...... 😁

12 minutes ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Today I downloaded some macro photos. I notice when the environment is slightly blurred while the insect is sharp on it, the photo is rejected in a few seconds. That sometimes happened during the time that we asked Jeff if they were being reviewed by people. Then they were already experimenting with it. That is clear. It often worked if you uploaded the photos again afterwards. In any case, I do not feel like that for those few cents, while it is already on other stock sites.
For example, this beetle approved on Alamy and Adobe: Phyllopertha horticola

Meandering on...

Two of the most searched keywords on SS in 2020 are ‘Macro’ and ‘texture’. 

But it’s obvious that A.I. has a problem with both. This includes the ‘soft spots’ in Macro photographs.

Yesterday, I was shooting macro of sections of my paintings. And what I am trying to achieve is show the sparkles in the paint as well as the canvas texture and search for weird ‘creatures’ in the paint. Sometimes they only ‘appear’ when tilting the camera, which means part of the image will be out of focus. But the out of focus section makes the ‘creature’ stand out, or gives a sence of depth in the image, so it’s all intentional. I was lucky to have had many images go through this last year eventhough they could have been rejected for all rejection reasons, but now I am not sure if they will get past the gateway.

I was ready to upload the first one yesterday, and then thought about the Property release I had to fill in, whilst the image might be rejected, so the work would be done for nothing. Motivation lost. 🤨

30 minutes ago, Evelyn de Waard said:

Meandering on...

Two of the most searched keywords on SS in 2020 are ‘Macro’ and ‘texture’. 

But it’s obvious that A.I. has a problem with both. This includes the ‘soft spots’ in Macro photographs.

I was ready to upload the first one yesterday, and then thought about the Property release I had to fill in, whilst the image might be rejected, so the work would be done for nothing. Motivation lost. 🤨

I haven't uploaded much since June (for the obvious reasons) and only that handful I did upload, I had good reason for. But I predict that if the 10 cent commission won't bring down the system, the AI will (in due time). In 3/4 of the cases it took the quick, instantaneous rejection due to "chromatic noise" and a second submit, which usually works. Now I am curious how long it will take for all contributors to realize that they are fighting a dumb machine and for the miserable 10 cents they will have to endure the "let me talk to the manager" routine! Remember when buying a new car how the salesman played that gig all the time? This is the exact same! If we fall for it!

due to the constant noise focus and chromatic rejections then the price drop I lost total motivation and didn't even bother to upload again...happy now that no longer stressed and shouting at what I instinctively knew to be a faceless bot...now getting accepted on DT and AS and just made a first sale on AS after a recent upload...no more stress and feel my world is turning again and things moving forward...here on SS am trying to get to a payout but oh so slow ...

Is there a special college somewhere where they learn to write garbage-speak? Pretentious twaddle the author thinks makes him sound knowledgeable, usually to disguise incompetence. Trying to interpret their meaning is like hacking through a thicket, if I were an investor I would run a mile.

5 hours ago, Thijs de Graaf said:

Today I downloaded some macro photos. I notice when the environment is slightly blurred while the insect is sharp on it, the photo is rejected in a few seconds

Not true for me

2 hours ago, Rob Lavers LRPS said:

Is there a special college somewhere where they learn to write garbage-speak? Pretentious twaddle the author thinks makes him sound knowledgeable, usually to disguise incompetence. Trying to interpret their meaning is like hacking through a thicket, if I were an investor I would run a mile.

I think it's an entirely different language they speak in. Probably easier to learn mandarin.

18 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

I think it's an entirely different language they speak in. Probably easier to learn mandarin.

Indeed. Obfuscation. The art of hiding the truth in words.

2 hours ago, LecartPhotos said:

Why would you expect them to be refused?

No criticism, but for example, if I compare my rejected Phyllopertha horticola  (here on AS) with your Zygaena filipendulae , I see a sharply depicted insect with a blurred yellow flower in both photos. For that reason, several of my photos were rejected in a second.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:39 PM, Thijs de Graaf said:

Today I downloaded some macro photos. I notice when the environment is slightly blurred while the insect is sharp on it, the photo is rejected in a few seconds...

I am pretty sure that when you say you "downloaded", you actually meant you UPLOADED. you see, when you put something on the internet, that is UP (uploading). whereas when you take something from the net, that's called downloading. from you to the net --> UP. from the net to you ->> DOWN. sorry, I don't wanna play the "language police" here. not my place. but for easier understanding for others. 

11 hours ago, Blue Corner Studio said:

I am pretty sure that when you say you "downloaded", you actually meant you UPLOADED. 

Thanks. You're right of course. My English is not very good, but I know the difference. The words are also used in Dutch 🙂