Sign in to follow this  
Sue Rae Edmondson

when buyers cancel their free trial and are charged do contributors then get a portion of this?

I have noticed several comments on the shutterstock facebook page saying that that have cancelled their free trail and have then been charged anything from 34 euros up to 60 euros, so my question is when one of a contributors images is downloaded during this free trail and they received 10 cents and then the buyers cancels the subscription and is then charged a cancellation fee does the contributor then receive a second payment as SS has received a payment due to the cancellation? 

32 minutes ago, Dan Campbell said:

Imagine how many thousands of ports still produce revenue for SS, and the dead contributors never collect the royalties.  

And even cancellation fees are a cottage industry.

35 minutes ago, Dan Campbell said:

Imagine how many thousands of ports still produce revenue for SS, and the dead contributors never collect the royalties.  

You would hope that contributors would leave their images and royalties in their will to family members

20 hours ago, Sue Rae Edmondson said:

I have noticed several comments on the shutterstock facebook page saying that that have cancelled their free trail and have then been charged anything from 34 euros up to 60 euros, so my question is when one of a contributors images is downloaded during this free trail and they received 10 cents and then the buyers cancels the subscription and is then charged a cancellation fee does the contributor then receive a second payment as SS has received a payment due to the cancellation? 

Dream on 🙂 

You are not even participating on unused sub slots.

5 hours ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Has anyone have the answer?

In order for a cow to bring in more income, it needs to be fed less and milked more.😄😄😄

13 hours ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

And still many of us contributing to SS.

I have stopped on May 25th. Portfolio not yet deleted but considering heavily for January when my share falls by 50% and SS grabs 85% plus unused sub slots.

1 hour ago, Andreas Prott said:

I have stopped on May 25th. Portfolio not yet deleted but considering heavily for January when my share falls by 50% and SS grabs 85% plus unused sub slots.

Initially I hoped to disable my port after my next payout (to be reactivated in the event that payments increase in the future), but now it seems I'll never reach the next payout due to a triple blow to revenue:

1) Sales dropped 50% or more due to Covid19 

2) Payments decreased by almost 70% due to new royalty structure

3) Almost all of my uploads get rejected now due to noise, so I don't bother uploading.  As a result, my content gets buried and sales decline

Now I'm leaning towards just deleting the whole port and taking an early payout.