Sign in to follow this  
Sari ONeal

Shutterstock please fix the FORUM malfunction!

@Kate Shutterstock

@Alex Shutterstock

The forum is broken and can be only posted on if one disables Javascript on their browser.

Can you guys have someone look into it, please?

Thanks!

I reported it as a bug but had the usual nonsense replies back. I'm sure that the 'support' people live on Mars.

I found I couldn't do the temporary fix for this via my Android phone at all as I now realise you have to be logged into the forum before you disable Java. I can't even log into the forum on my phone. So I logged in on my PC (this is on Chrome as it's more complex on Firefox), disabled Java (settings, site settings, Java 'allowed' turned to 'off') refreshed and was able to post.

Is it worth the bother? Probably not as I don't think many people will go to this degree of trouble just to be able to reply. You have to also remember to re-enable Java afterwards. Although I downloaded Chrome just to do this so I think I'll keep Java disabled and just use Chrome for the forum.

Have Sstock done this deliberately? I personally think so.

If people want to meet up the Microstockgroup Forum is good.

Hope everyone is doing well. My sales are abysmal this month.

My gosh, it worked. It wasn't straight forward to disable Javascript (instructions weren't good.)

Yes, I also think that this was a deliberate move by SS to disable the forums. I believe we'll only be able to post freely on the weekend when the site maintenance people are away. When it's back to the working week, I'm betting they'll fix it so that we can no longer post. So everybody - enjoy it while you can.

Just in case, Firefox:

Open a new Firefox tab and enter about:config on its address bar.

You will be shown a warning message. That is nothing to worry about, click on I’ll be careful button.

The about:config screen will appear. Click Show All

Now, start searching for preferences. (find Javascript it's an Alpha list) "javascript.enabled" the first one, the only one you need to adjust.

Toggle... Change the value to False

Reload the forum that's open in the other tab

Post to the forum

Then change the javascript.enabled back to TRUE which is Javascript enabled and working as usual, the default setting for Firefox.

cool-up.gif

If you go Pete's route (HodagMedia), and you get to the "search", just type in Java and a "javascript.enabled" should pop up on the list (for me it's 2nd from top), then toggle the button on far right to change it from true to false.

Refresh your forum window, and you can post. When you're done, if you were smart and left the search window open, you can now toggle again to make the javascript.enabled "true".
Then refresh your other window(s) again.

If you're running tabbed browsing, you can have the search window on one of the tabs for quick access and toggle. You can even pin the tab so it's always there when you open the browser.

Having the value set at "false" will mess up your other web browsing, so you're better off keeping it "true", so don't forget to change it!

Can get a Java disable add-on for Firefox here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/disable-javascript/

You can just turn it on and off at will from 'Add-ons' in Tools (Firefox).

Bumping this thread so hopefully it will be seen by admin, but also to share this link showing how to disable javascript in different browsers. Might be helpful to some until this gets sorted out.
https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000891.htm

Edit: Just realised it's not Monday morning in NY for another 5 hours yet, doh!

Thanks for the tips how to ‘hack’ the forum back 😄

Was starting to have severe withdrawal symptoms which made me want to upload more images - and I did 🙀

Nice to read your posts again. ☺️

Hope everyone is okay and safe.

"and remove the latest bug that still allows us to post" :-)

My apparent inability to quit these forums is the greatest bug. So, thank you Shutterstock for helping me to overcome my weaknesses with this latest "hiccup".

now I know this hack and that's a little bit of a hurtle....

3 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Ok! They've replied that the issue is resolved. Would you kindly confirm?

For me it works now. Thank you. I have been able to log in from my phone to reply to you. That hasn't been the case for a week or so. 

14 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Ok! They've replied that the issue is resolved. Would you kindly confirm?

It’s working, thanks. 👍