Brian Kapp

What is "recognizable property"

In case it might sound like it, this is not in response to a review, or trying to make a point. It is a question to gain understanding.

Apart from the existence of logos, copyrighted, or trademarked subjects in a picture, what is recognizable property? I mean, isn't any property recognizable to someone (i.e., the owner).  Or does it mean if you showed the image to the person on the street and most people would be able to say, "Oh yes, that's the blah-blah building.", then it is recognizable? Or does it mean that if there exists other properties that are so similar, that one could have the image but not be sure of which one it really is, then it is not recognizable?

Hope the sense of my question, makes sense!

57 minutes ago, Brian Kapp said:

what is recognizable property? I mean, isn't any property recognizable to someone (i.e., the owner).  Or does it mean if you showed the image to the person on the street and most people would be able to say, "Oh yes, that's the blah-blah building.", then it is recognizable? Or does it mean that if there exists other properties that are so similar, that one could have the image but not be sure of which one it really is, then it is not recognizable?

Here it is straight from Shutterstock. Everything you ever needed to know. https://www.shutterstock.com/contributorsupport/articles/kbat02/Why-was-my-content-rejected-for-Missing-or-Invalid-Property-Release?l=en_US&fs=RelatedArticle

13 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

Apart from the existence of logos, copyrighted, or trademarked subjects in a picture, what is recognizable property?

In my view it’s kind of a grey area - it’s up to each reviewer to decide. Some agencies are more large than others, but I always ask myself if a owner of a property could feel offended if this particular image appeared in an advertising.

Property release for this photo? Whats going on people? A small piece of wall is visible and for that I need property release?!?!?!?!?!?!?  

I wil not uploading here anymore for 2 reasons. The payment amount is ridicious for 0.10$ and for the unprofessional reviewers.

Screenshot_1.png

Did you use a keyword or description that might make this sound like a work of art?  Did you name the location as a zoo?  The image has other problems, such as the pale streaks across it, so is probably not going to get accepted or sold anyway.

I only have one keyword ZOO. I deleted it and will try one more time.

EDIT: Yes its approved now when I removed keyword ZOO. 

1 hour ago, Emily Veinglory said:

In a zoo the animals are some one's property and they may not allow pictures of them to be used commercially.

and removing zoo from kw just to get it accepted doesn't change the fact. 

this is like saying some can take your image as long as they don't say they stole it from SS it's fine