Sign in to follow this  
blvdone

$1 video sales. What size and what license?

It's getting ridiculous seeing those $1 video sales frequently now as if Shutterstock is doing everything to sell us cheap and destroy our business.  Does anybody know what size they are and what kind of license use ?

3 video sales for $1.16 each. There was a time pre subscription plans when that would have earned roughly $60. Subscriptions are killing this business for producers. If the number of low sales continues to increase I will be forced to disable my video files.

Shutterstock will probably argue that these video sales are ON TOP of the regular video sales. Can anyone confirm if that's the case? I've disabled my portfolio since the new royalty structure so I can't say for sure.

8 hours ago, crbellette said:

3 video sales for $1.16 each. There was a time pre subscription plans when that would have earned roughly $60. Subscriptions are killing this business for producers. If the number of low sales continues to increase I will be forced to disable my video files.

SS apparently believes that $1.16 is a lot....😡

14 hours ago, Engel Ching said:

I just sold 30 videos today for 96 cents and 1 video for 77 cents.  Did you disable your portfolio or delete selected assets?

I unlicensed my videos and photos.  But I may not republish unless Shutterstock stop selling my 4k clips for $9.95 on Subscription program and stop the $1.00 commission sales.  I got to control my price and not undercut myself on Pond5 and Adobe Stock.  It's a suicide for us contributors while Shutterstock is trying to gain edge against Pond5 and Adobe Stock.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 7.46.29 AM.png

7 minutes ago, blvdone said:

I unlicensed my videos and photos.  But I may not republish unless Shutterstock stop selling my 4k clips for $9.95 on Subscription program and stop the $1.00 commission sales.  I got to control my price and not undercut myself on Pond5 and Adobe Stock.  It's a suicide for us contributors while Shutterstock is trying to gain edge against Pond5 and Adobe Stock.

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 7.46.29 AM.png

disabling the portfolio is not quite the right decision, unfortunately....
no one can guarantee that after disabling the portfolio on SS, sales will not continue on partner sites, but without any Commission at all.

The only correct way to delete items is by piece, at least the most popular items, but it is very time-consuming...(

3 minutes ago, lik13vvs said:

disabling the portfolio is not quite the right decision, unfortunately....
no one can guarantee that after disabling the portfolio on SS, sales will not continue on partner sites, but without any Commission at all.

The only correct way to delete items is by piece, at least the most popular items, but it is very time-consuming...(

I may not come back to Shutterstock.  Can't allow them to sell my 4k or HD clips for $9.95 and get only $2.99 for a clip.