Josh Forwood

Why are my sale figfures so low

On 7/16/2020 at 11:29 PM, Creatus said:

Contributor since 2011, level 4, nearing level 5 (taking forever with current sales volume) so will share my last 10 sales again when that next level is reached.

Last 10 sales at SS: 0.12 / 0.12 / 0.10 / 0.10 / 0.10 / 0.10 / 0.18 / 0.17 / 0.14 / 0.14 = $1.71

Last 10 sales at AS: 0.43 / 0.43 / 0.43 / 0.43 / 0.43 / 0.43 / 0.43 / 1.13 / 0.43 / 1.13 = $5.70

My video portfolio was already disabled before June 2020 since I will not accept less then 30%. Image portfolio stays online only until Jan 2021 unless some drastic changes happen which I highly doubt.

No new uploads though and I've noticed that the people I have been following since day one are doing the same. These are previously featured and successful contributors that hav been here since the beginning so not your average Joe.

Over what time frame?  As much as I'm hating these .10c sales, they still come at a more frequent rate than the higher avg sale at AS.  

On 7/16/2020 at 6:44 AM, Josh Forwood said:

I haven't uploaded to Pond5, are they any good? I'm on Getty and Adobe at the moment

Pond 5 is said to be good for video; I can't say one way or the other. But photos... not a single sale there.

Wow well after 2 months on Shutterstock and only 2.5 weeks on Pond5, I've had 14 sales on Shutterstock (12 stills, 2 4K videos) and made a total of $22.33. Embarrassing!
I've just made a single HD video sale on Pond5 and made $18.40. By that rationale, I should have made closer to $55 on Shutterstock. It's crazy!
As a result, I've turned off licensing to all my content on Shutterstock active immediately!

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

4 hours ago, Josh Forwood said:

Wow well after 2 months on Shutterstock and only 2.5 weeks on Pond5, I've had 14 sales on Shutterstock (12 stills, 2 4K videos) and made a total of $22.33. Embarrassing!
I've just made a single HD video sale on Pond5 and made $18.40. By that rationale, I should have made closer to $55 on Shutterstock. It's crazy!
As a result, I've turned off licensing to all my content on Shutterstock active immediately!

Thanks again for all the help everyone!

SS doesn’t give a flying you know what about contributers

contributers should repay SS by doing the same to them!

Good for you!

You will sleep better and it’s worth the few bucks left on the table

Hmm, I thought I'd removed licensing for all my content.
I went onto my settings yesterday and selected 'No' for both images and videos under 'Licensing Options'.
However, that was yesterday and even now, if I visit my profile in incognito mode, I'm still able to add both my photos and videos to cart.

Any ideas?

54 minutes ago, Josh Forwood said:

Hmm, I thought I'd removed licensing for all my content.
I went onto my settings yesterday and selected 'No' for both images and videos under 'Licensing Options'.
However, that was yesterday and even now, if I visit my profile in incognito mode, I'm still able to add both my photos and videos to cart.

Any ideas?

It probably takes 24-48 hrs for all the servers to update

maybe later today or tomorrow you’ll see the changes take effect

I think the reason is as many contributors unlicense contents on Shutterstock, the traffic move to other sites.  I think clients know their favorite creators have their works on other sites.  So the buyers go to other sites to buy them.  

I’m not sure how it works when one deactivates their port, but when you close the port it can take up to three months before the images are off their partner sites. Just something to remember as you might see a few sales trickle in here and there. Someone else posted about that a month or so ago. I still make way more from SS than the other sites so I’ll stick it out for now. Pond5, it seemed like things needed to “curate” for awhile then I started getting sales more regularly there. Only just started adding images there and not a single image sale for me either, but 1-3 video sales/month so far this year. Which is up from last year where I was making maybe a sale every other month. I’m sure it varies widely for everyone depending on the type of content one has and the type of customers each site has (which content meets their needs)

On 7/16/2020 at 9:44 AM, Josh Forwood said:

I haven't uploaded to Pond5, are they any good? I'm on Getty and Adobe at the moment

I haven't made a single sale there after 4 years, so for me, no, they aren't any good.

38 minutes ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

I haven't made a single sale there after 4 years, so for me, no, they aren't any good.

Do you have video on there?
I've only had a Pond5 account for less than 3 weeks, I've got less than 150 videos on there and I've already had a sale.

Mike yea it takes quite a while to start selling videos on Pond 5. It took many months until I got my first sale there. Then I got some more clip sales after that. One of my videos has sold four times on P5. No sales lately though.

I admit that four years is a long time to wait. That reminds me of my sales performance on Adobe Stock. I do sell photos on AS but Ive never sold any videos on there. 

I don't get the sales picking up on other sites. Last month was an exception when AS beat SStock but for just about every month for me, SS leads by far. Since starting on P5 in December I've sold 5 videos there and sold 5 videos on AS since about mid 2019. This year alone on SS have sold 64 videos. Today's one video sale on SS actually exceeded my lifetime earnings on DT lol. If other sites are rewarding contributors moreso then all power to you, definitely focus uploading content on those sites.   

3 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

I don't get the sales picking up on other sites. Last month was an exception when AS beat SStock but for just about every month for me, SS leads by far. Since starting on P5 in December I've sold 5 videos there and sold 5 videos on AS since about mid 2019. This year alone on SS have sold 64 videos. Today's one video sale on SS actually exceeded my lifetime earnings on DT lol. If other sites are rewarding contributors moreso then all power to you, definitely focus uploading content on those sites.   

I haven't had a single sale on AS this month. It sucks way worse than SS.

I know I mentioned above that I haven't made any video sales on P5 lately. It's actually been that way for a long time now. Previously, I thought I was doing reasonably well over there for such a small video port like mine. But then things changed.

However, just now I got a video sale through P5 after a long time of nothing. And it's the same clip that sold multiple times before. So now it has sold for the fifth time on P5. In addition to that, one or perhaps two of the previous buyers came back to pay more money for the same clip for extra licenses some time back. And one of those was a Netflix Premium License.