Sign in to follow this  
lonndubh

Are people making ON Demand + Single and other sales this month?

I just wondered if people have been getting ON Demand or Single and other Sales this month or have they been done away with? Am I right in thinking that the only way this new system could work from a contributor's point of view is if subs go down and On Demand sales go up?

I did have to check as the variability in fees now means it is harder to tell at a glance but yes I have sales on both Ondemand and Singles this month

I have no ODD and SOD sale until now this month. Anyway I think  this may be quite normal. My best selling image was sold 1250 time as subscription and only 90 times as ODD or SOD. The larger number of sales here are relative to subscriptions where the buyers can pay very low the download of a single image (0,27c). A decreasing in ODD or SOD seem to be obvious during time of crisis... becouse ODD or SOD images have a major cost.  

Had 25 SODs for $0.60 each a couple of days ago.One photo of a digital sphygmomanometer and the SODs just kept coming in. Haven't even reached payout yet and the month is half gone so I'm pretty sure I'll be out by month's end. Just too many 10 cent subs to make any money here.

20 minutes ago, stevemart said:

Had 25 SODs for $0.60 each a couple of days ago.One photo of a digital sphygmomanometer and the SODs just kept coming in. Haven't even reached payout yet and the month is half gone so I'm pretty sure I'll be out by month's end. Just too many 10 cent subs to make any money here.

Exactly!

I had about 65-75% of my sales in June as SOD and ODD... this month about 10% of my sales so far. Everything else is under 20c. 

Number of ODDs is way down for me as well. About half of what I usually get. Doesn't surprise me actually, with the state of the economy being what it is.

2 x ODD and 20 x 10 cent subs, Income has halved, sales are down. This is why I am busy slowly deleting stuff starting with my best sellers, now that I have reached the minimum payout.
I am not sure what SS expected to achieve with this new "opportunity", but I am no longer going to be part of the experiment.

I had a dry spell in the middle of the month, but now am getting my normal amount of ODDs. Even some of the coveted large ones in the 3 and 4 Dollar range, which help to make up for the loss on the subs. My RPD on the video side on the other hand is in the toilet this month.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, Woofit said:

2 x ODD and 20 x 10 cent subs, Income has halved, sales are down. This is why I am busy slowly deleting stuff starting with my best sellers, now that I have reached the minimum payout.
I am not sure what SS expected to achieve with this new "opportunity", but I am no longer going to be part of the experiment.

The "opportunity" wasn't addressed to us, contributors. It was/is an "opportunity" for SS to squeeze us to a point that most self respecting person would throw in the towel and say enough is enough. It's not just disrespect, but extremely humiliating how they treated us. The owners of those images/clips that they sell apparently at $3.61 average!! And we get 10 cents on most downloads. That is 2.7%! They keep 97.3%! It is sooo fair!

Like everyone else, last month was the worst month I had in years, however, thanks to two large S&O (79.50 & 27.60) and a large number of ODs, July is going to be a slightly above average month.   July seems to be an anomaly, I have little expectation this will be the new norm going forward. 

Update:  July is an obviously fluke.  Just got another large S&O (over $70.00) which makes July's earning higher than any other month in 2020.  I guess this shows that anything can happen.