Marko Subotin

Newsworthy photos, time needed to be online

Ok, I am new in the editorial section and never had to upload photos that are newsworthy and needed to be online as quick as possible. Had some images of riots, and thought that they need to be online as soon as possible. So, is there a way for them to be online in quicker way then cca 12 hours that I've experienced with my first editorial submission? The review process is insanely quick these days, but I've found out that my photos were online about 12 hours after the review process. So, can I do something to shorten that time?

Thanks.

novi-sad-serbia-july-08-600w-1772338247.

21 minutes ago, N. Antoine said:

This is not AP or Reuters, but if you look to send spot news pictures that needs to be fast online, try to apply for https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial . Your approval as a contributor is not guaranteed, depends of your experience, quality of work etc.

Thanks Antoine, this is the right link if somebody is looking for application as a editorial contributor. https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/contributor-application

And didn't knew about it. What's the difference between regular stock editorial section and this page you've sent me? 

3 hours ago, Marko Subotin said:

Thanks Antoine, this is the right link if somebody is looking for application as a editorial contributor. https://www.shutterstock.com/editorial/contributor-application

And didn't knew about it. What's the difference between regular stock editorial section and this page you've sent me? 

If you get accepted to the elite of special editorial and the "regular"... well... some people poop in a hole... some have a gold toilet. 

But it is not what you know... but who you know... 

10 hours ago, Marko Subotin said:

Ok, I am new in the editorial section and never had to upload photos that are newsworthy and needed to be online as quick as possible. Had some images of riots, and thought that they need to be online as soon as possible. So, is there a way for them to be online in quicker way then cca 12 hours that I've experienced with my first editorial submission? The review process is insanely quick these days, but I've found out that my photos were online about 12 hours after the review process. So, can I do something to shorten that time?

Thanks.

novi-sad-serbia-july-08-600w-1772338247.

The review time is fast but the time for the photos to be placed on SS and your port was within an hour time now I am on 3 day wait. This is totally BS!!!!! I shoot mostly photojournalism work. But how can I conduct myself on here when things to work! Also I have tried the editorial application and they denied me. It is very specific.   

DSC09636.JPG

3 hours ago, Brian Kapp said:

i am guessing that you may be experiencing the issue which at least some are having, and is discussed in this thread:

Yup that may be the case, but those are my first editorial photos so I really don't know. Probably its because of the corona issue and SS could be understaffed or something like that.

4 hours ago, Keith Tarrier said:

If you get accepted to the elite of special editorial and the "regular"... well... some people poop in a hole... some have a gold toilet. 

But it is not what you know... but who you know... 

well, i know ZERO persons in SS and get accepted.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, Jose HERNANDEZ Camera 51 said:

Im accepted, high level test but succeed  

Congratulations and well deserved ! 👍

On 7/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, Marko Subotin said:

So what is the difference between listing images as editorial use only during upload vs being an "Editorial Contributor"?