Sign in to follow this  
Steven Tritton

Awesome hyperlapse just like to share

This is a hyperlapse of Canberra (where I live) that was done back in 2014. There's a lot of incredibly great hyperlapses out there but I just find this one inspiring.

It was done back in 2014 and was featured on ABC 7.30 ACT and Channel Ten's The Project. The photographer shot some 40 sequences and over 7872 frames according to the description -  this is old school time-consuming manual work with a camera and tripod! 

Fellow aussies will recognise the music but I think it's a great sound effect for this hyperlapse.

You can see my comment at the top from 5 months ago.

If hyperlapses are your thing then don your headphones and check this out. Hope you like.

1 hour ago, Steven Tritton said:

This is a hyperlapse of Canberra (where I live) that was done back in 2014. There's a lot of incredibly great hyperlapses out there but I just find this one inspiring.

It was done back in 2014 and was featured on ABC 7.30 ACT and Channel Ten's The Project. The photographer shot some 40 sequences and over 7872 frames according to the description -  this is old school time-consuming manual work with a camera and tripod! 

Fellow aussies will recognise the music but I think it's a great sound effect for this hyperlapse.

You can see my comment at the top from 5 months ago.

If hyperlapses are your thing then don your headphones and check this out. Hope you like

Wow, good one Steven!  Is that the ABC News theme???

7872 frames. Yes, I can believe that. Timelapses can really kill your camera's shutter. Same as stop motions. After doing all the stop motions that I do (in excess of 400 now), I was well and truly over the recommended shutter actuations for my sony. Had to recently get a new camera.

But I love hyperlapses. They are a real artform.

Here's one of my favourites - of the Big Apple. And yes, as you said, its the music that makes it work!