Sign in to follow this  
Mike Kuhlman

$.63 and $.73 subs! I'm not complaining!

Had everything up to $0.99 subs but in insufficient number to bring my subs average above $0.19 which is half what I was getting.

I had a couple of 0.96 subs some  0.40 subs... but I feel like complaining a lot... plus the covid situation has made everything even worse for me. Reality is I don't feel like uploading anymore on SS. I might do it in the future but considering the present situation I don't think I will for a long time. I don't say this lightly or angry. but I'm just very disappointed and demotivated as SS used to be my favorite site.

7 hours ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

This is making up for the $.10s and $.11s nicely!  Anyone else getting these?

Actually, for me, it has this particular month, though I know it's a small sample point of long term. I really could care less about the price of a single download, as the only thing that matters to me is how much my portfolio generates at the end of the month. February has been the only month this year that has been better. I had my share of $0.10 sales, but I averaged $0.46 for the month. So I know there's a major uproar about the new structure, but I like data before judgement, and I've not experienced a reason YET to jump on the protest train. I'm still skeptical, but hopeful...

3 hours ago, samray said:

Actually, for me, it has this particular month, though I know it's a small sample point of long term. I really could care less about the price of a single download, as the only thing that matters to me is how much my portfolio generates at the end of the month. February has been the only month this year that has been better. I had my share of $0.10 sales, but I averaged $0.46 for the month. So I know there's a major uproar about the new structure, but I like data before judgement, and I've not experienced a reason YET to jump on the protest train. I'm still skeptical, but hopeful...

June average: 0.59
Average for early July: 0.33
Sales are shy but are starting to go up.

I only got one $.63 and one $.73 so far as of July 4, but I've been getting A LOT Of $.40s, $.48s and $.56s from June 1 to July 4, the end result being my monthly income hasn't changed much since before the commission change.

On 7/4/2020 at 4:39 AM, alessandro pinto said:

I had a couple of 0.96 subs some  0.40 subs... but I feel like complaining a lot... plus the covid situation has made everything even worse for me. Reality is I don't feel like uploading anymore on SS. I might do it in the future but considering the present situation I don't think I will for a long time. I don't say this lightly or angry. but I'm just very disappointed and demotivated as SS used to be my favorite site.

do you know other contributor stock, I wish to joint other then delete all my portfolio

My royalty per download has dropped to just a little under half of what it was prior to this change. Don't get me wrong, it sure is nice to see those larger ones and I enjoy that part. But fact still remains that I'm getting enough of the .10 sales to more then offset them so it's not worth it.

in fact SS now pays less on average per download then even the hated Istock does. I make less per download on average through shutterstock then I do on every single company, other then dreamstime. 

This last Friday and again today I averaged more for my Sub sales than I would have made prior to the new restructured payment plan.  However, my OD sales have all been below the previous payment amount (2.85) and in one case, it was far below (less than 1/3 the 2.85 amount).  

So far it looks like there is no way the average contributor will make more money.  I'm at 30% and there is little chance I will make it to the next level before I start all over at 15% on Jan 1.