rasomaso

Is there an advantage to using two word keywords?

I usually use single words like "french" "press", however I noticed some popular images are saturated with two word combinations of keywords. Other than saving space, is there any advantage to using those? Do two word combinations have more weight in search as opposed to splitting them?

I think there is, in the sense that the two words are grouped together, which narrows down the customer's search, makes the search more specific, easier. 

I use two-word combinations in addition to separate words.

I am not sure. Many of my photos are taken near where I live, so a potential keyword/keyword pair is “new england” (the six most northeast states in the U.S.). Usually I just put new and england as separate keywords. though searching for “new england” fall and then searching without the quotes gave the same # of results....

If an image is specific to 'New England' I would use the two words or even three (New England fall) as a phrase because when you split 'new' and England' you end up in search for all things 'new' and all searches for 'England' whereas Fall in New England is a well-known arboreal colour spectacle which I don't doubt that customers actually search for specifically.

On 7/3/2020 at 1:35 AM, rasomaso said:

I usually use single words like "french" "press", however I noticed some popular images are saturated with two word combinations of keywords. Other than saving space, is there any advantage to using those? Do two word combinations have more weight in search as opposed to splitting them?

No advantage, no disadvantage https://www.shutterstock.com/search/french+press