Sign in to follow this  
Luisa Puccini

Free 10 pictures packages

I discovered right now that you can have has many free packages as many emails you can create. Why should a buyer pay for photos? At least a small user? A small user pays for small packages and those packages are the most profitable for us. But they simply have to create an email and pufff... we are back to 10 cents. Anyone knows if SS has some control over this problem? I've seen someone do it, that's why I know it is possible, but is there a way to stop it?

Oh I got plenty of those then^^ 

July start to be a good month! 8 downloads for not even 1 buck... I kinda understand why SS needed to change the minimum price if they are giving our work for free now... 

41 minutes ago, Luisa Puccini said:

I discovered right now that you can have has many free packages as many emails you can create. Why should a buyer pay for photos? At least a small user? A small user pays for small packages and those packages are the most profitable for us. But they simply have to create an email and pufff... we are back to 10 cents. Anyone knows if SS has some control over this problem? I've seen someone do it, that's why I know it is possible, but is there a way to stop it?

If what you say is true (???) then literally every piece of information that contributors are receiving at the moment seems designed to drive them away.

1 hour ago, Luisa Puccini said:

1 hour ago, Awana JF said:

Are we getting paid if someone take those free images? 

1 hour ago, Luisa Puccini said:

Yes, we are:  0.10 $

If this is all true, in theory, a contributor could buy his/her own images for free and receive 0,10 cents per image...

That can’t be right. 🤔 Haven’t checked yet, but isn’t the 10 images for free deal only for free when a potential customer ends up buying a subscription ? Edit: apparantly not.

1 hour ago, lonndubh said:

If what you say is true (???) then literally every piece of information that contributors are receiving at the moment seems designed to drive them away.

I did not try, but I know someone who did it multiple times

55 minutes ago, lik13vvs said:

What can I say ? Start page ...

2222.jpg

And after downloading 10 images, you cancel your subscription and open another with a different email. Really easy.

This just gets better and better

Well actually you need to give your banking info and address so I think you might need different banking account. Plus if you download 10 of your pics you just get 10x0.10$ so... 1$... Wow... Ok you could do it few times in a row but I don't think you'll get more than 5$... 

But still I don't like the idea of giving our work for free...

44 minutes ago, Awana JF said:

Well actually you need to give your banking info and address so I think you might need different banking account. Plus if you download 10 of your pics you just get 10x0.10$ so... 1$... Wow... Ok you could do it few times in a row but I don't think you'll get more than 5$... 

yeah. it may be worth doing in in January 10 times to skip the Level 1

10 hours ago, Awana JF said:

The only thing that you need to change is your email. You can use always the same banking account.

I think that buying your images (or each other images) has no sense. I only complain that buyers don't need to buy a subscription because they can have images for free as many times as they need. There is no control at all.

Don't you see the difference from a buyer who pays 49 $ for a 10 images monthly subscriptions pack and one who  does not buy the subscription pack because he can get it for free as many times as he wants? My percentage on that subscription plan is 1.45 $ for each image, not 0.10 $

29 minutes ago, balajisrinivasan said:

As long as SS pays 10 cents for these images, why should it be a problem for contributors? As I see it, it is primarily Shutterstock's problem if people misuse the trial because they're the ones losing money on these offers. Contributors get paid the same amount whether a buyer pays 250 dollars a month or zero.

Have you heard of collateral damage?

If buyer can pay zero. Why would they bother to pay anything at all? This actually hurts contributors most. Small volume buyers get us higher value dls. To have 10 free images is way better than paying 49 bucks for 10 images. So how can you say contributors get paid the same? It just isn’t true.

In fact, it is almost like SS driving buyers away from small sub packages to big sub packages. And I don’t need to tell you what you earn if your images are being downloaded by big sub packages instead of small packages.

Any contributor who is just angry on this, just try to understand the context please.

in Freepik.com Customer gets free image, vector and other high quality files for free.

Why would customer wants to buy from Shutterstock where they are getting high quality files in free in Freepik.com?

To compete against sites like Freepik, Shutterstock has to follow this sorts of plans.

Thanks everyone.

Freepik.com has many free files available on their site.

But still contributors are getting higher downloads even better than Shutterstock.

So, nothing to worry about.

It will increase the downloads more and more.

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

Freepik.com has many free files available on their site.

But still contributors are getting higher downloads even better than Shutterstock.

So, nothing to worry about.

It will increase the downloads more and more.

Thanks.

Most of us are not here to increase our downloads. We are here to earn money, preferable more than 0.10$.

8 minutes ago, Firn said:

Most of us are not here to increase our downloads. We are here to earn money, preferable more than 0.10$.

But how can will decrease our earning? I think this free download is for the people who would never going to buy an image. What if the free download user turns into small subscription pack user. Who knows what will happen as shutterstock loses it's credibility with new earning. Let's hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Tawrat Ferdousi Branding said:

But how can will decrease our earning? I think this free download is for the people who would never going to buy an image. What if the free download user turns into small subscription pack user. Who knows what will happen as shutterstock loses it's credibility with new earning. Let's hope for the best.

I am trying to explain how this can decrease our earnings from yesterday. Maybe I am not able to express clearly my thoughts due to my poor English. I will try again. SS offers a 10 images free trial pack. After the first month, this free trial become a monthly subscription at the price of 49 $. Each image of these packs is $ 4,90 and contributors get their good percentage (mine is 30%). Contributors get only 0.1 $ from each image of the free month. So, I don't know about you, but I prefer to get my $1.45 from a regular subscription, than 0.1$ from the free trial pack. But, here is the problem. To get his free trial pack a costumer have only to give a new email and can cancel his subscription whenever he wants. This means that after downloading 10 images for free, costumers can cancel the subscription and create another email to have 10 images for free again, and again, and again. It's not a suspect that I have: I know that people do it. What I complain is that SS is doing nothing and we are loosing money because they are not capable to control.